Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove limit question

Dumb question.

I’m a little unclear on the dove limit for special white-winged dove days.

“15 mourning, white-winged and white-tipped doves in the aggregate, to include not more than 2 mourning doves and 2 white-tipped doves”

So that means i can only have.

2 mourning
    2 white-tipped
    11 of Any other dove right?

Or

15 white-wing

Am i reading that right?

Yes

or 13 White-Wing and 2 morning
    or 12 White-Wing and 2 morning and 1 white-tipped
    and so on.

Comment

The limit for mourning and white tipped are included to cover misidentification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I hunt in the Valley during the Special Whitewing season I don't even shoot at morning dove. I will try and bag a white tiped dove if I have one fly by. Morning dove are tiny compared to the other two. Will be in the Valley labor day weekend with my daughter and dad shooting birds or at least at them.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
          When I hunt in the Valley during the Special Whitewing season I don't even shoot at morning dove. I will try and bag a white tiped dove if I have one fly by. Morning dove are tiny compared to the other two. Will be in the Valley labor day weekend with my daughter and dad shooting birds or at least at them.
          Good advice. I’ve been teaching myself to deer hunt for 15+ years. Now trying to teach myself the dove hunting tricks of trade.

Comment

or all the Eurasians you can carry

Comment

I can’t hunt those days because about 30 minutes into the hunt dragon flies start getting shot at when they fly by. I’m like a crack head when it comes to shooting at birds.

Comment

I will be hunting special ww.. and i too will be partaking in the shooting of dragonflys..

Comment

Is the limit two mourning a mistype? WE don't have white tip/wing up here

Comment

I count on this piece of knowledge to keep me legal...
                    when flying a white-winged tail looks rounded, and the mourning dove's tail is longer and pointed.

basically a MOAB vs a Missile.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      I will be hunting special ww.. and i too will be partaking in the shooting of dragonflys..
                      I shot an East Texas mosquito once. Dove hunting will make a man crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        Is the limit two mourning a mistype? WE don't have white tip/wing up here
                        That is only for "special white wing" days in designated areas. This does not apply to general dove season in the rest of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                          That is only for "special white wing" days in designated areas. This does not apply to general dove season in the rest of the state.
                          Right. I hunt the south zone. Different zones have different dates and limits

Comment

Working...
                          X