No announcement yet.

world cup soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad second half, glad the team survived what I believe is mistaken strategy. Hope the USA shows up with an offensive attack against Holland for an entire game.

Comment

A ton of American arrogance and ignorance on display in this thread instead of what should be there which is American support on the worldwide stage. Sometimes it is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Tough game. Should have put more in the back of the net in the first half when given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
        Did you even watch the game? He literally got a knee to the nuts at full speed. Don’t care what country you’re from or what sport you play, we’re all equal when it comes to that. Lol
        No sir. I was waiting to watch it in its entirety tonight without interruption. :-).

Yup, that will hurt. Was simply a joke about the ridiculousness of guys flopping around like they are shot and then they get a puff of cold air on them and they are magically fine--other than RBF. It truly is magical that its efficacy seems limited to soccer players.

You soccer boys get so defensive about the game. Laugh about the laughable. Enjoy the game, but you have to be able to laugh about the magical properties of cold air.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          What time?????
          Remember Hi C Carter at LSU.

I can remember Redemptorist Playing Rapides High "my school" in the state semis in high school.

Howard Carter’s son getting the start for the USMNT today in must-win game - Hi-C’s son, Cameron, is a defender for the national team and starting at center back a

Comment

I hope Iran does not jail those guys...

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              I still think soccer would be better if no offsides. If someone wanted to cherry pick you simply have to cover him. Can you imagine football or basketball where the ball could not be thrown if the recipient had the audacity to outrun the defender? Heaven forbid more goals would be scored.
              Are you familiar with Rugby? You can only use sideways or backwards passes. Similar concept.

Comment

We advance! To me that is a successful World Cup for our national team considering how young they are. Especially after not even qualifying the last go around. USA USA USA

Comment

No sir. I was waiting to watch it in its entirety tonight without interruption. :-).

Yup, that will hurt. Was simply a joke about the ridiculousness of guys flopping around like they are shot and then they get a puff of cold air on them and they are magically fine--other than RBF. It truly is magical that its efficacy seems limited to soccer players.

You soccer boys get so defensive about the game. Laugh about the laughable. Enjoy the game, but you have to be able to laugh about the magical properties of cold air.
                  It's a cute joke and I chuckled, but dude's actually hurt and was knocked out of the game and didn't return. Hopefully he's close to full strength and can play Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    Remember Hi C Carter at LSU.

I can remember Redemptorist Playing Rapides High "my school" in the state semis in high school.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...ame/105728263/
                    Oh WOW.............now that is incredibly cool to learn!!!!! USA USA USA!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      I know nothing bout kick ball but seems to me there should be a fence around the field to help keep the ball from going out of bounds so much.
                      They have ball boys and girls to provide a spare ball. No different than any other sport. No nets to keep the ball in for Basketball, Football or Hockey.

I still think soccer would be better if no offsides. If someone wanted to cherry pick you simply have to cover him. Can you imagine football or basketball where the ball could not be thrown if the recipient had the audacity to outrun the defender? Heaven forbid more goals would be scored.
                      There's a reason that scoring a goal means so much. It ain't easy. How excited do you get when your basketball teams scores their 47th point out of 90? You're lucky to get a clap out of most people for that. Score in a World Cup soccer game and its party time. Hockey also has offsides and score lines are similar.

As for those who think soccer is too slow, I guess they prefer to watch a sport that has a 60 min time limit, but takes 3 hours to complete, cause, you know, that's not slow . For every minute of "play time" you get 2 minutes of not play time . And don't get me started on "actual playing time" (11 minutes). Carry on. Go USA. Let's take out the Dutch next
                      Last edited by rladner; 11-29-2022, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                        Burnadell - who's winning the game? What kinda popcorn are you munching?

I watched it, Rob. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                          They have ball boys and girls to provide a spare ball. No different than any other sport. No nets to keep the ball in for Basketball, Football or Hockey.

There's a reason that scoring a goal means so much. It ain't easy. How excited do you get when your basketball teams scores their 47th point out of 90? You're lucky to get a clap out of most people for that. Score in a World Cup soccer game and its party time. Hockey also has offsides and score lines are similar.

As for those who think soccer is too slow, I guess they prefer to watch a sport that has a 60 min time limit, but takes 3 hours to complete, cause, you know, that's not slow . For every minute of "play time" you get 2 minutes of not play time . And don't get me started on "actual playing time" (11 minutes). Carry on. Go USA. Let's take out the Dutch next
                          A lot of truth there........lol!!!! I just enjoy sports that are competitive and this is definitely tough. I never made it to elite level but always admired the guys that outweighed me by 30 pounds that ran faster, jumped higher and had the ability to pursue a dream. Congrats on getting out of this round......but the strategy may need to change against the Dutch.

Comment

Congrats to Team USA. Not a soccer fan, for all the previously mentioned reasons above and more, but proud of USMNT for representing and beating the Iranians. The same reason Basketball is huge here and continually gaining popularity around the world is the same reason “Soccer” is the most played sport, worldwide. All you need to play is a round ball, period. Most of the worlds population is below a proverbial “poverty” line and what better way to escape the barrio than excel at a sport that pays $$$, yet costs almost nothing to get started in.

Having said that, Ted Lasso is probably one of my favorite sports sitcoms, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TxxAgg View Post
                              Are you familiar with Rugby? You can only use sideways or backwards passes. Similar concept.
                              Plus, there is the same offside rule on kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                Bad second half, glad the team survived what I believe is mistaken strategy. Hope the USA shows up with an offensive attack against Holland for an entire game.
                                Dang, there's strategy in flopper?! They must have lungs like an antelope I do know that!

Comment

Working...
                                X