2023 Ford Maverick Orders closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Ford Maverick Orders closed

I was going to order a 2023 Ford Maverick for an economical commuter/kayak hauler but found out they already shut off all new orders. The order bank was only open for 5 days when they shut it down because demand exceeded what they could produce. This is stupid. The same thing happened with the 2022's. If the demand is that strong wouldn't you want to ramp up production?

Welcome to biden's world

Comment

No. Keeps the price high. And, a lot of mfg is now just in time.

That was a lesson learned due to covid.
      Last edited by Bayouboy; 09-28-2022, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I just read an article that said the a lot of people who purchased the '22 model won't receive until '23 because production on it is such a mess.

Comment

Definitely weird times with manufacturers. Used to be that they would ramp up production to meet demand. But I think that they've figured out if they reduce the supply they can hold hostage the user for higher prices... on all vehicles, not just the ones in high demand.

I'm no expert and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express. I'm just trying to make sense of what we've seen over the past 2 years with used and new vehicle prices.

Comment

With labor shortages I wonder if ramping up production isn’t as easy as it used to be?

Comment

It's probably going to take that entire year to produce the trucks they get orders for. So danged if they do, danged if they don't. Would you want to be put on a list for a 2023 that you won't get until 2024 or later?

Comment

Get a Ranger, my Tremor is doing pretty good so far.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nope. But I see this being a long term issue. And blaming Biden is just wrong. Shutting down and starting the free money flow started with Trump. Now people just don't want to work.
                  But manufacturers here aren't the only issue. A lot of Chinese built parts aren't getting done because of the extended drought and power shortages there.
                  It's been a perfect storm of events no one person has control over.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    Get a Ranger, my Tremor is doing pretty good so far.
                    IF I thought I could really get 28 mpg consistently I would get one in a heart beat but the people I know driving them as fleet vehicles are getting more like 20 mpg in real world milage.
                    I'm hearing legitimate 30mpg for the maverick 2.0 AWD ecoboost.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                      With labor shortages I wonder if ramping up production isn’t as easy as it used to be?
                      Not enough labor is real. I don’t know how so many are surviving without a job. The IRS can’t even fill the 87,000 agents they are trying to hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay6x45 View Post
                        IF I thought I could really get 28 mpg consistently I would get one in a heart beat but the people I know driving them as fleet vehicles are getting more like 20 mpg in real world milage.
                        I'm hearing legitimate 30mpg for the maverick 2.0 AWD ecoboost.
                        Yes the 28 was all highways miles driving the speed limit. I've been getting anywhere from 21 to 25 driving a mix of highway and city. Still a lot better than the 14/15 I was getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          The IRS can’t even fill the 87,000 agents they are trying to hire.
                          Probably because your automatically ruled out if you have any right leaning principles/values.

Comment

I wouldn’t own anything made from 2021 to 2023 I’ve heard some vehicles are getting delivered without basic components because of no quality control.

Comment

Obviously, there are lots of different variables in play as mentioned in this thread already. Seems a lot of new vehicle orders take 4-6 months to be delivered to the dealership, with the time often depending on the amount of options and availability for parts/components for the options, etc.

With that being said, although hearsay info, I've spoken with a few Ford sales people over the past year and they seem to believe Ford purposely cuts off orders early for certain makes/models to keep the demand high. The new Bronco is a prime example of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X