Ballpark aerobic septic cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballpark aerobic septic cost

Well, after fighting our old septic system over the last couple of years, we have decided to look into an aerobic system. Our current setup works well enough until we get soil saturation. Then it backs up into the lowest drain and spills out into the garage. Usually only happens when we get torrential rain, but happens more often these last few falls/winters because of the above average rainfall. Thought I had a temporary fix but it just found the next lowest spot and began leaking in my bathroom from under the toilet. The wife and I have had enough and we would like to eventually sell this place, so we are starting to save for a new system. Just don’t know how much to expect to have to spend.

Don't do it...I hate mine and its a never ending battle. State regulated so you get to pay a yearly service agreement or go take the class and do it yourself.

I'll never own another.

Comment

We really don’t see any other way around it. I don’t know of any other way to heep it from filling with water and backing up into the house. At least not a legal way.

Comment

I paid $8500 installed for a 800 gallon per day system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Don't do it...I hate mine and its a never ending battle. State regulated so you get to pay a yearly service agreement or go take the class and do it yourself.

I'll never own another.
          Then why not take the class? My class was around $200 with lunch, and I haven't looked back. OP, I honestly don't remember, it was all mixed up with all our home construction.

Comment

I'll be digging new leach lines for my septic tank, moving them over and new drain pipes, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
              We really don’t see any other way around it. I don’t know of any other way to heep it from filling with water and backing up into the house. At least not a legal way.
              If you have the room you can put out new leach lines, nothing illegal about repairing a system....

Comment

I paid $4700. Knock on wood, no problems in three years.

Comment

wow, all my quotes were 12-15k

Comment

Mine is going on 5 years old, and no real problems. I'm in a county that doesn't require inspections so no issue there. Mine was $7K

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                      Well, after fighting our old septic system over the last couple of years, we have decided to look into an aerobic system. Our current setup works well enough until we get soil saturation. Then it backs up into the lowest drain and spills out into the garage. Usually only happens when we get torrential rain, but happens more often these last few falls/winters because of the above average rainfall. Thought I had a temporary fix but it just found the next lowest spot and began leaking in my bathroom from under the toilet. The wife and I have had enough and we would like to eventually sell this place, so we are starting to save for a new system. Just don’t know how much to expect to have to spend.

Leach fields eventually clog up.

Instead of having them put in an aerobic system have them dig out your leach field and put some better substrate in it start with sand at the bottom then slowly increase size and then top it off with topsoil.

My aerobic was 9600 with engineering and install.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                        Then why not take the class? My class was around $200 with lunch, and I haven't looked back. OP, I honestly don't remember, it was all mixed up with all our home construction.
                        Class in not the problem.....the constant breakdowns are. I've replaced every component twice, aerator motor 5 times. Too much humidity on the gulf coast imo.

Moms house right next door with conventional system......they had it pumped out twice since 1979!

Comment

Have had mine for 15 years and only replaced the water pump once and rebuilt the air pump twice. One pump out. Not hard to keep up with. It was $6500 then. My dad had one installed 7 years ago at $8500 and never a problem.

Comment

Would new leach lines really help, we had it pumped the first time it did it this bad and the water was backfeeding i to the tank from the leach feild so fast he pulled 375 gallons from a 275 gallon tank. I whitenessed it so I know he wasn’t full of what he was pumping.

Comment

Originally posted by patwilson View Post
                              Have had mine for 15 years and only replaced the water pump once and rebuilt the air pump twice. One pump out. Not hard to keep up with. It was $6500 then. My dad had one installed 7 years ago at $8500 and never a problem.

Oh and I live on Bastrop bayou.

Comment

Working...
                              X