Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
    Is the Outdoor Gourmet brand any good?

I’ve got one and love it. I’ve had it for about 6 or 7 years. It comes preseasoned I think. I’ve never had any issues cleaning it or cooking with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
      I put the blackstone go work again last night with skme smash burgers and shrimp for a family get together for my father in laws birthday. I marinated about 2 pounds of shrimp that were split with the shell still on in olive oil, a big spoon full of garlic chunks, parsley, tonys, and the juice of 1 lemon. I must say it was probably the best thing i have ever made on the griddle and thw shrimp were gone quick. I added a half stick of butter about halfway through the cook and it was amazing. Yall should give this one a try.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That looks great

Comment

Anyone have issues with seasoning flaking off? Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was it seasoned or was it just burned on food?

Comment

Seasoned. Seems like the seasoning scrapes off easier than I’d expect. Flakes up.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post

Get you one of those pumice lava rock griddle stones. My buddy uses one on his afters hes done cooking on it every time, and it seems to keep an even seasoning on the griddle. My buddy worked at the Quinlan dairy queen in the 90's and swears hes the griddle king. The only thing he says is missing from what he cooks are Marlboro ashes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine too. I heard that a griddle stone would fix it the re season it?

Comment

Those pumice stones are legit. I’ve said I was going to get one to scrap mine with after using, but haven’t. My griddle has a couple of spots where the seasoning flakes like that, but I did t get it clean and oiled good enough before I put it up for a while.

Comment

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
                    Mine too. I heard that a griddle stone would fix it the re season it?

Check out blackstones YouTube. They have a video on how to reseason it after scrubbing with a grill stone.

Just joined the club.

Fresh redfish and flounder.

Couple meals I’ve cooked recently.

Sierracharlie out…
                    Last edited by sierracharlie338; 08-10-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

As an update to my above post - I did end up getting a couple of the stones and they worked well to clean it up, I then re-seasoned it and it's perfect now.

Should note that I think I figured out my main problem. When I bought the griddle new I had a not so smart moment and didn't wash with soap and water first. Just did a wipe down and seasoned. There's obviously a film they put on them when shipping from the factory to keep from delivering just sheets of rusted metal, and I think that film really messed the first seasoning up for me. Probably wasn't the best thing to cook food on either, but we all lived.

Lesson learned. Follow directions.

Comment

As an update to my above post - I did end up getting a couple of the stones and they worked well to clean it up, I then re-seasoned it and it's perfect now.

Should note that I think I figured out my main problem. When I bought the griddle new I had a not so smart moment and didn't wash with soap and water first. Just did a wipe down and seasoned. There's obviously a film they put on them when shipping from the factory to keep from delivering just sheets of rusted metal, and I think that film really messed the first seasoning up for me. Probably wasn't the best thing to cook food on either, but we all lived.

Lesson learned. Follow directions.

Good info. Glad you got it sit-u-ated.

Comment

Nice glad it’s up and running

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Carne Al Pastor
                            Got it from HEB pretty good and easy on the griddle. Some homemade guac to go along with it.[emoji106]

Comment

I make carne al pastor weekly at work on the griddle. They never get tired of it. I just add diced serrano peppers, diced onions and cilantro. Then i heat them corn tortillas up and we are good to go.

Comment

Things been hectic with work lately but will be back on mine soon.

Looks good man!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X