Thompson Temple Whitetail Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
    I appreciate the info. That's what I was afraid.

So here's my next question.
    Does anybody know a reasonably priced place to take a couple young men to shoot a couple cull bucks?
    Not looking for fancy accomodations, we would actually prefer to tent camp.

I don’t think you are going to find anything that is reputable better than what Chad recommended. His place seems to be perfect for what you are seeking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      I don't know anything about his whitetail hunts, but we went on a sheep slaughter about 24 years ago. The "free" lodging we stayed in was a bunk house in town back then.

I'm not sure what kind of prices you're looking at, but Tim has a great place that borders Colorado Bend SP called the 587 ranch, I feel like his prices are extremely reasonable and the lodging is great. You might reach out to him if interested. http://www.587ranch.com/hunting I don't see deer hunts listed anymore, but that may be because he is taking limited numbers.
      Thanks I will call them!
      Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I don’t think you are going to find anything that is reputable better than what Chad recommended. His place seems to be perfect for what you are seeking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm going to call them next week.

Comment

His Whitetail Buck hunts are no different than other places... He sometimes allows them on his Ram Ranch in the Back .. now that's a good hunt.
        I've been a guest on a few Ranches to Cull ..Feeder goes off or hunt a food plot .. 20 deer show and the guide tells you which one .. I totally understand because part of my Bachelor's degree is wildlife mgt.

Comment

Yeah I wonder how that's (Trmple's hunt) any different than being on a south Texas ranch, corning a sendero then sitting in the high rack picking out which deer to shoot?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you looked into the Texas Youth Hunting Program?

https://tyhp.org/

Comment

Originally posted by djs303 View Post
              Have you looked into the Texas Youth Hunting Program?

https://tyhp.org/
              Yes. Went on a hunt with my daughter.

I just feel like those hunts are more for new hunters and/or kids who can't afford a paid hunt or lease.

We have a lease and I'm just wanting to take my boys on a low budget hunt for the experience and to fill the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                His Whitetail Buck hunts are no different than other places... He sometimes allows them on his Ram Ranch in the Back .. now that's a good hunt.
                I've been a guest on a few Ranches to Cull ..Feeder goes off or hunt a food plot .. 20 deer show and the guide tells you which one .. I totally understand because part of my Bachelor's degree is wildlife mgt.
                I can't tell if you're being sarcastic in saying that's a good hunt, or you're serious. Sound's like it's a trophy to be proud of. Feeder goes off, 20 deer show up, and the guide tells you which one to shoot

Comment

Working...
                X