Summer Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Work

Putting this on TBH for my son... he is looking for summer work. He is currently finishing up his freshman year of college in College Station majoring in Ag Systems. Last three summers he has worked for a GC here in Houston so he has some demolition and building experience.

He is open to just about anything but would prefer more construction type work, HVAC, plumbing, ranch work, etc....

I am already paying rent on a house in CS or he can come back home to Cypress. So anyone with work from Cypress, Tomball, College Station, Brenham would work for him. He just wants the work to be steady and he is available after classes finish in mid-May.

thanks

City of Tomball hires summer help every year and the jobs are posted open right now. They would be helping parks and street crews, painting fire hydrants and stuff like that.

tomballtx.gov go to departments and then HR and you will see jog opportunities.

Comment

Txdot also hires summer help, of did.

Comment

up

Comment

I would suggest checking local HVAC companies. Even if they aren’t technically hiring, if he wants to go help out I bet someone would be glad to have the summer help. Then he could get his certification and learn the trade.

That’s basically how I paid my way through college.

Comment

Thanks be12hunt, he has spoken with a couple of HVAC companies in the Katy area. He has some leads, so hope it works out.

Comment

Brien Water Well south of Hearne (north of Bryan) has a sign out that they are hiring. They are the largest ag water well and irrigation installation company in Central Texas. Not only can your son learn ag systems but also meet a bunch of people who he can network with after graduation.

Comment

Thanks Dusty, he called them today

Comment

Working...
                X