Surprise Fish....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invasive, Prohibited and Exotic Species

The organisms listed here are legally classified as exotic, harmful, or potentially harmful. No person may possess or place them into water of this state except as authorized by the department. Permits may be issued allowing individuals to possess, sell, import, export, transport or propagate listed species for zoological or research purposes; for aquaculture (allowed only for Blue, Nile, Mozambique, or Wami tilapia, Triploid Grass Carp, or Pacific White Shrimp); or for aquatic weed control (for example, Triploid Grass Carp in private ponds). Permit applications can be found on our website. For information about possession of tilapia for pond stocking or non-commercial aquaponics, contact the Permits Coordinator at Coordinator at IFpermits@tpwd.texas.gov or (512) 389-4444. The full text of the regulations can be found in the Texas Administrative Code.
    Check our Quick Reference Guide* for illustrations that can help identify these organisms and distinguish them from other species that share similar characteristics.
    * This document is an excerpt from the Guide to Identification of Harmful and Potentially Harmful Fishes, Shellfishes and Aquatic Plants Prohibited in Texas [PWD BK T3200-376 (1999).] The complete 370-page book is available as a PDF in our publications section. Note that the list of prohibited exotic species has changed since this guide was published and not all species are included and scientific classification has changed for others.

.................................................. ................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Carps and Minnows, Family CyprinidaeAll species and hybrids of species of genera:
    Aspius, Pseudoaspius, Aspiolucius (asps);
    Abramis, Blicca, Megalobrama, Parabramis (Old World breams);
    Hypophthalmichthys (bighead, silver, and largescale carp);
    Mylopharyngodon (black carp);
    Ctenopharyngodon (grass carp) | Learn about using triploid grass carp for vegetation control;
    Cirrhinus, Thynnichthys, and Gibelion (catla);
    Leuciscus (European daces);
    Tor and Neolissochilus (barbs and mahseers);
    Rutilus (roaches);
    Scardinius (rudds);
    Elopichthys (yellowcheek);
    Catlocarpio (giant barb);
    Labeo (sharkminnows) except Labeo chrysophekadion (black sharkminnow)
    Pseudorasbora parva (stone moroko).....................................

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild..._aquatic.phtml

.................................................. .................................................. .........

Triploid Grass Carp Information and Permiting

Comment

Also from the TP&W web sight:

General Rules

It is unlawful to:
      • Possess or transport any exotic aquatic plant or animal listed as harmful or potentially harmful. This includes: plants such as hydrilla, water hyacinth, and giant salvinia; fishes such as tilapia and Asian carps (grass, silver, and bighead carp); and zebra mussels.
        • Boats with attached zebra mussels may be moved to a maintenance shop for cleaning or other maintenance provided the department is notified at least 72 hours in advance using the Boat Maintenance Movement Notice form. Boats moving to another lake after maintenance may require inspection and decontamination.

• Possess tilapia, grass carp or any other fish listed as harmful or potentially harmful, without immediately removing the head or intestines, except on waters where a valid Triploid Grass Carp Permit is in effect. In those waters, it is illegal to possess grass carp. Any grass carp caught must be immediately returned to the water unharmed. Please see our list of waters with Triploid Grass Carp Permits.
      • Fail to immediately remove and lawfully dispose of any harmful or potentially harmful aquatic plant that is clinging or attached to a vessel, watercraft, trailer, motor vehicle, or other device used to transport or launch a vessel or watercraft. Violators are subject to a fine of $25-$500

TilapiaGrass Carp

Comment

Might be time to sein your tank.

Comment

Definitely a grass carp. Decent eating and great cut bait.

Comment

Who the eff eats carp? It's a grass carp. Should have turned it loose and continue to clean your fishing hole.

Comment

Cool of your son to land that one. Wonder what he was thinking he had on the line, nice catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                So similar to cow bird?
                Or park duck.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                  Cool of your son to land that one. Wonder what he was thinking he had on the line, nice catch.

I was out working in shop which is near the tank and I could hear him yelling Dad come here I’ve got something massive!! When I get down there he had this big old carp laying on the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Or park duck.
                    or the board, it was nailed to...................

Comment

Best thing to do with a carp is to scale it, then cut the filets off and cut into big chunks and put on a trotline. Most excellent catfish bait. I wish I still had some. After the '16 flood down here, we LOADED up on them with the bows in the ditches around here. Used the last of that bait just a couple months ago.

Comment

This one was used for fertilizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X