Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete my 6.7 Powerstroke

Out of warranty and contemplating a full delete/tune

Benefits/downfalls of doing so? I am new to this and have searched up and down the web. But trust the Green Screen for first hand experience.

2016 F250 for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 with a ez link pleanty of power love it

Comment

Only downfall that I have with mine is that I didn't do it sooner.

Comment

Appreciate the responses

Comment

Didn't see that much increase in fuel mileage but the difference in power is unreal

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            Didn't see that much increase in fuel mileage but the difference in power is unreal
            Ssshhhhh.
            I am trying to stay out of trouble.

Comment

Do it! You won't regret it. I have Proven Diesel tunes on a EZ-Lynk for my 2019 and they are great. Huge Power difference even running the low HP tunes.

Comment

I’ve been kicking this idea around for my L5P. I just worry about all the talk about counties cracking down stories.

Comment

My only drawback is that I’m doing it for fuel economy/ everyday driving.

Yes I like to stomp on a freeway ramp but I don’t do a ton of towing

Comment

Downfalls are resale and it’s only a matter of time before emissions testing for diesels is implemented.

Parts and reputable tuners are getting harder to find as well.

You won’t see much if any fuel mileage increase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I did it couple weeks ago on my 13. The def heater went out for the 3rd time so I thought I would just delete it. The power is better and the mileage is better but I don’t like the noise or the smell, I wouldn’t do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                        I did it couple weeks ago on my 13. The def heater went out for the 3rd time so I thought I would just delete it. The power is better and the mileage is better but I don’t like the noise or the smell, I wouldn’t do it again.
                        I understand why people do it and would contemplate it myself, but dang i HATE being behind a deleted diesel in traffic, especialky when it is cold outside.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                          This right here, except my fuel mileage seems to have decreased.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            This right here, except my fuel mileage seems to have decreased.
                            I’m with Capt. Brown on this one. I gained 1mpg.

Comment

Just had my 11 done. Put a muffler on and prolly quieter than stock. Had a tow tune programmed in and I don’t really notice a difference in power. Pretty disappointed with how much I got vs what I was expecting. Least I don’t have to mess with emmisons problems and def anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X