No announcement yet.

Branson Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming its a family vacation, how old are your kids? The tourist part of Branson is no bueno for me and mine now but when my kids were young they thoroughly enjoyed Silver Dollar City (we bought season passes for 10+ years, it's pretty cool there at Christmas, very Christian focused and not ashamed of it but most of the big rides can't operate if its below freezing).

You could not pay me to go to a show on the strip in Branson, just not my deal. Table Rock lake is by far my favorite lake in the country, I'm 100% salt at heart but if I have to waste time on a lake I pick Table Rock. We have spent a ton of time in Kimberling City over the years but there are very few good restaurants so we usually cook at the house. There is a good grocery store called Harter House in Kimberling City (that also sells liquor ). Great fishing in the area that I can help with if that's what you're going after but the actual town of Branson is kind of a family joke at my house, full of "Bald Knobbers" ,

Comment

What’s the weather there, say, July august-ish? How hot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there once. You couldn't pay me to go twice.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

It can be asphalt melting Texas like hot. When we go that time of year we hang at the lake, which feels great that time of year.

Comment

My kids still talk about lamberts! 6 was an awesome show also.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
              Been there once. You couldn't pay me to go twice.

I’ve heard a few of you say this, but nobody gives a reason. WHY?

Comment

Headed there tomorrow for the film festival. Wish us luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  It can be asphalt melting Texas like hot.
                  This^^^^^^

If you go in the summer, the traffic is HORRIBLE and can take you an hour to get half a mile down the road. Add the summertime heat in the mix and you have a reason to NEVER want to go back. My family goes during the Thanksgiving/Christmas time. Traffic isn't as bad and everything is geared towards Christmas. Good times!!!

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
                  My kids still talk about lamberts! 6 was an awesome show also.
                  I took my 7yo. He loves catching the flying rolls!

Comment

I haven’t been but I can only imagine it is like Pigeon Forge or downtown Gatlinburg. Just a bunch of cornball crap to entice tourists to hemorrhage money.

Comment

We go every year and stay way out of town on Lake Taneycomo a few mile down from Kamp Kanakuk. We enjoy the lake and trout fishing and the place we stay has a pool and park area. The women in the group go into town more than the guys but we all spend the majority of our time at the cabins. If we go into town, we usually take the boat now to the landing and avoid traffic altogether. You can Uber from the Landing to other places and those local drivers know shortcuts you wont.

Comment

I rather have a root canal

Comment

The strip in Branson is extremely commercialized/touristy. If your family likes theater type events they might enjoy the shows in town. Silver Dollar City is a very family oriented amusement park with some good rides and more shows, if you like rides and shows its a great place. When my kids were young (all grown now) they really enjoyed silver dollar city, never cared for the shows.

Table Rock is one of the nicest lakes in the country imo, we enjoy playing there and fishing. The fishing around Branson is excellent, on Table Rock, Taneycomo, and south on the white river.

Comment

Working...
                          X