Browning BAR 25-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning BAR 25-06

I have always been a 25-06 guy, my favorite out of everything I've owned. I had a left handed Ruger Hawkeye that was an absolute tack driver, but was having trouble with it ejecting spend rounds. We sent it back to Ruger to be fixed, but when I got it back still had the same issue, so we sent it right back & called them to let them know that is was on the way to be fixed yet a second time.....LONG STORY SHORT.... UPS lost my gun, it was insured, got a check. Three months later UPS said they found the gun & asked did I want it back WELL HELLO.....Ahhh Yeah. got it back stock was broke in half & bolt was missing. I rejected the gun

I have not been able to find a left handed 25-06, but have just been offered a Browning BAR 25-06 Safari Older model I'm guessing..... Has anyone had or have one of these & if so how do you like it....let me hear the good & bad

You will not like the BAR in any caliber,if you dig accuracy.I'm a 25-06 guy,and I have a few Browning's..If it was a .243,and was gonna use it for Coyotes,I'd be down..Not in anything that I ever cared to find,or care if I found it.

Comment

If you reload,you'd really hate em.

Comment

I have the Browning 25-06 (RH) and it will shoot but isn’t a tack driver. Killed many deer with it. I’d love to put a new trigger on it then try it again. I’m just not a big fan of semi-autos. However, it was a college graduation gift so she stays in the safe and will get shot occasionally.

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas, maybe I should give this some more thought. As I am a head & neck shooter so from what yall are saying this might not be the right choice

Comment

I am not going to go against anything said on here by another hunter concerning his choice.
            I have a BAR in 30 O6. I have been shooting this gun since the weekend I won it in a football game raffle. That was in '92. Bought the ticket from my brother who is not a hunter and needed the money. I put down my 6mm, 18th birthday present from my Dad to start shooting this gem.
            I did not have nary an issue with this rifle for years. It came with an excellent Nikon scope. I never had any issue staying on sight. Killed many a deer and plenty of hogs. Each season. Boom, down they went down right where they stood. Dirt nap each time.
            Finally this season, first issue. I take a shot, get the ejection and get one in to replace but the action does not fully engage in. Or onto the primer maybe.
            If I pull the trigger- Click Click. I have to manually hammer the action in, and onto the primer. And hoping it is engaged. Boom, down goes the animal.. But this is getting to be an issue.. Do I need a cleaning ? Do I need a servicing ? Time to enter the shop ? Help is needed here from the GreenScreen. Let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Been hunting with a 270 safari addition since I was 15. I’ve killed a bunch of deer with it. Is it the most accurate gun in the world? Probably not but it is good enough for me.
              Last edited by jamenefee; 11-21-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeshooter View Post
                I am not going to go against anything said on here by another hunter concerning his choice.
                I have a BAR in 30 O6. I have been shooting this gun since the weekend I won it in a football game raffle. That was in '92. Bought the ticket from my brother who is not a hunter and needed the money. I put down my 6mm, 18th birthday present from my Dad to start shooting this gem.
                I did not have nary an issue with this rifle for years. It came with an excellent Nikon scope. I never had any issue staying on sight. Killed many a deer and plenty of hogs. Each season. Boom, down they went down right where they stood. Dirt nap each time.
                Finally this season, first issue. I take a shot, get the ejection and get one in to replace but the action does not fully engage in. Or onto the primer maybe.
                If I pull the trigger- Click Click. I have to manually hammer the action in, and onto the primer. And hoping it is engaged. Boom, down goes the animal.. But this is getting to be an issue.. Do I need a cleaning ? Do I need a servicing ? Time to enter the shop ? Help is needed here from the GreenScreen. Let me know. Thanks.
                My dad had the same issue as he's used the same gun since before I can remember (early 80's). His needed cleaning badly. He's never tried to drive tacks with it, but its certainly minute of deer accurate and probably hasn't used the same type or weight ammo EVER. lol

Comment

Tough to match accuracy of bolt action rifle with semi auto. Too many moving parts. Plenty of 25-06 options around. Always loved the old 700s in 06

Comment

Working...
                  X