SD Card Readers for Phone/Tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Card Readers for Phone/Tablets

I've bought and tried a few SD CARD readers and have always been disappointed and even ticked off. They either don't work or corrupt the files indefinitely.

I like to use them when slipping into hunt a spot rather than waiting to get a back to a computer to view photos.

What SD card readers have you had work well and which ones haven't?

1) Stealth- Trash
    2) Wild Game Innovations- Garbage
    And a couple others I cannot recall the brand

I use a Samsung phone but maybe switching to an iphone.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If you get an iPad get the reader made by Apple. It is faster then the others but still slower then a computer.

Comment

Add BoneView to the trash list

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
        If you get an iPad get the reader made by Apple. It is faster then the others but still slower then a computer.
        10-4 thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Add BoneView to the trash list
          Roger that.

Just picked this one up at TSC $7.50 but I won't be suprised if it's a piece of junk too

Comment

If you find one that works, consider yourself lucky.

If you find one that is fast, consider yourself blessed. And let us know.

I gave up and just carry a pocket full of blank SD cards and swap them out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
              Roger that.

Just picked this one up at TSC $7.50 but I won't be suprised if it's a piece of junk too

I have had one for 4-5 years and it just now started acting stupid. $6.00 over 5 years-I’ll take that

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                If you find one that works, consider yourself lucky.

If you find one that is fast, consider yourself blessed. And let us know.

I gave up and just carry a pocket full of blank SD cards and swap them out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                I will. I also carry a sandwich bag full of blank sd cards.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                  I have had one for 4-5 years and it just now started acting stupid. $6.00 over 5 years-I’ll take that
                  What brand?

Comment

Like above if you have an iPhone there is a simple reader and you can load the pics into your photos. I got mine on Amazon I think it was about $20. I’ve used it for 3-4 years now and tossed the other 2 that were junk
                    Last edited by Passafist; 01-27-2022, 07:41 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

You don't need anything hunting or trailcam related. Just plug in the adaptor that comes with most samsung phones that converts your USB-C to USB-A and put in a regular SD card reader that you would use on a laptop.

Mine has worked flawlessly for years.

My galaxy came with this:

Then plug this into it, go to MY FILES and open card folder, move pics to new folder.

Avoid the hassle of carrying a bulky card reader in order to transfer photos, music, data and more between PCs. Instantly convert your SD / SDHC / MMC cards into a USB Flash Drive. SD(Secure Digital) / SDHC.

But I think they even make the SD reader with a usb-c so it can plug directly into the phone without the adaptor.

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                        Like above if you have an iPhone there is a simple reader and you can load the pics into your photos. I got mine on Amazon I think it was about $20. I’ve used it for 3-4 years now and tossed the other 2 that were junk
                        I use this one for my microSD cards from my drones to my iPhone and it works fine. It has a regular SD slot also but I’ve never tried that.

SD Card Reader for iPhone iPad, Micro SD Card Reader, Deer Trail Camera Viewer, ChiaoPio Micro SD Memory Adapter for iPhone / iPad, No App Required, Plug and Play

Comment

I use the stealthcam one that plugs into my phone via USB-C.

It works for me

Comment

The generic offmarket ones have been real finicky and hard to trust after a few months. The best one off amazon lasted a year for $12 not too bad. The convenience of chekcig sd card while in the blind and not having to haul a laptop everytime is worth it. I might just break down and buy $29/$39 off apple store

Comment

I’ve been using this for almost 5 years now. It’s awesome and fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X