No announcement yet.

Think I'm done with Taco Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taco Bell was dead to me when they took the Mexican Pizza off the menu. Used to eat there at lunch in high school. Six hard tacos was my go to. Had a buddy try to eat six bean burritos…he ended up puking most of them up.

Comment

Funny the .69 bean burrito came up. On my way back from the lease today, I stopped and got 2 tacos and a bean burrito with extra onions. The checkout girl was giving me a hard time about the onions and I said I had been ordering them that way since they were 69 cents. She didn't believe they had been that cheap.

The best fast food entree I have ever had was the Taco Bell Chicken Club Burrito back in the late 80s-early 90s. They discontinued it because they couldn't keep the bacon in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Crunchy taco Party Pack! I’ll never quit. I might stop eating at Trulucks, Perry’s and Del Friscos, but I’ll just have to budget for Taco Bell.

Queue all the “gastric challenged” people ready to **** their pants at the thought of Taco Bell.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Ok, between this and the mcrib we've got to have a high end dinner one day.

Ill never quit the bell. Mostly cause after high school me and some buddies used to shoot skeet every Sunday in one guys pasture. Every freaking Sunday till dove season. We shot skeet via spotlight and bud light for years on sunday. After we shot 2 cases of clays we went to taco bell.

I took a couple chicks out there for all that but I married the only one not scared to drive a lifted truck with a manual transmission in the drive thru

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those $12-15 an hour employees are boosting that price up and up..

Comment

They still have fire sauce right? What more does a man need? ��

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
              Not to highjack the OP’s thread but my place is Montes Burritos Aledo. You can check out our reviews on Facebook or google. Homemade tortillas from scratch daily, all homemade sides and meats smoked by me.

We have other locations but most were franchised off only three locations are still owned by family members.

I’m ashamed that I haven’t been over there to support a fellow TBH’er. Gonna have to get it done.

Comment

Fast food restraunts will never be the same. They got duped into thinking the only issue was a $15 minimum wage. All the ones in my area are struggling to stay afloat becouse of lack of help at that wage. You can always offer to increase pay....you'll never be able to go back down. We will never see menu cost where they used to in my humble opinion.

Comment

Taco Casa is far superior and WAY more expensive. They aren't in every town though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    I've eaten at the Bell since the first one in Texas opened in north Austin. Good, cheap and fast food when you're in a hurry. I met my wife in the Taco Bell on Burnet road in 1977. It was open until 2:00 and I would stop by on the way home from bow fishing. But I think I'm done.

They recently quit making the tostada which was my favorite and then started new, higher priced items. I ate there a couple days ago and got 2 chalupas and a burrito supreme and a small drink. The price was $15.44. That's just a little much for me for that type of food. I can eat lunch in most regular restaurants for less than that. I think I'm done.

Yep, I have pretty much concluded I have been done with them for a while. When the dump a bunch of goop they call refried beans on a tortilla, some shredded lettuce, then a cheese sauce and maybe a few pieces of diced onion. I can't see how that and a drink can be worth over $11.00.

My wife still goes there, when I am not with her, but she won't bring up the name, if we are looking for a place to eat together. She knows what I think of them. When a Whataburger number 1, with cheese and their regular drink, most people call a large drink, costs $8.00 something. Then Taco Hell want's over $11 for a burrito and a drink, they have completely lost their mind. Locally you can't go inside and eat, you only have the drive through.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                      I’m ashamed that I haven’t been over there to support a fellow TBH’er. Gonna have to get it done.
                      Yes sir I need to try it out as well.

Comment

I bet it's been 25 years since the last time I ate at Taco Bell. My wife use to love it. Combination burritos with beans, meat and cheese. They would run them on sale and we'd go get a bag of burritos now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Those $12-15 an hour employees are boosting that price up and up..

Brother that’s the starting point for the dishwashers now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            These are trying times for the food industry with inventory costs going up every week. But that does sound a little extreme for what you got.
                            This. My buddy showed me invoices from the folks he gets his stuff from comparing prices today vs 3 years ago and it is staggering.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                              Not to highjack the OP’s thread but my place is Montes Burritos Aledo. You can check out our reviews on Facebook or google. Homemade tortillas from scratch daily, all homemade sides and meats smoked by me.

We have other locations but most were franchised off only three locations are still owned by family members.

Where are the other locations? As I am always looking for a decent place to eat breakfast without doing major chain fast food
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                                Where are the other locations? As I am always looking for a decent place to eat breakfast without doing major chain fast food

My cousin owns and operates one in Carrollton, my uncle owns and operates one in Lake Whitney. We have a franchised location in Cleburne and Granbury. The menus are pretty similar as is the recipes but the service and quality can vary on a couple locations. Kind of what happens when you give up total control. I can only vouch 100% on my store in Aledo, now I eat at the others when I’m in the area but like I said the service can be spotty but the food is always on point.

Comment

Working...
                                X