• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cage turned out nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
      I have raised quail several times but have never been able to make them come out as cheap as just raising meat chickens because of feed costs. They are also more work intensive and can not be free ranged for any of the growth period. Same with rabbits. Chicken is just more cost effective in my experience. That being said quail or a lot of fun to raise. JMHO
      Chicken meat is pretty boring. We much prefer Quail meat even though it's more work. These jumbo Quail make a nice meal. And I can't raise chickens where I live right now

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
        How are you going to keep the coons and possum and feral cats away?
        We've been raising rabbits in the same backyard for 2 or 3 years and haven't had any issues. And the quail cages are more secure than the rabbit cages

Comment

That "quail high-rise apartment building" looks pretty cool!

Comment

Hey Chew, how much you charge to make me a pen like you have?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              Hey Chew, how much you charge to make me a pen like you have?
              I wish I could but I barely had time to get this one finished. The cost of wire is through the roof and luckily I had my wire a few years ago when I was building rabbit cages. I'll think about it and send you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I wish I could but I barely had time to get this one finished. The cost of wire is through the roof and luckily I had my wire a few years ago when I was building rabbit cages. I'll think about it and send you a PM
                Sounds good.

Comment

Definitely be worth it, I heard the eggs are nice on a sammich

Comment

Little update on the quail. Getting big!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHp_m1l78I"]Quail Update: 1/26/22 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

They're ready to go outside Chew.

Comment

They are big enough to fit in a biscuit now!

Sing me up when you start guiding for quail shoots. I wanna be the first customer!

Comment

Nice. Any regrets so far?!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            Nice. Any regrets so far?!
                            They are some messy sumbereeches.... But I'm hoping they feed and water system that I plan on setting up will be a lot less messy

Comment

I wish it was September 26. We'd be less than a week from deer season. LOL

They're looking good though. And looking tasty.

Comment

having raised chickens both regular and Serama's .. Birds inside and in tubs is a pain in the butt. Yours are old enough the move outside. A heat lamp if you get below freezing for a long time. Keep the wind off them in that cage. if you angle the poop tray so that it runs out you can put a trash can to the side and use a hose to rinse the pans and it runs out so you do have to dump pans all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X