Offshore Fishing Trip ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore Fishing Trip ?

My son loves to fish. We have been on 2 Galveston bay trips and 3 trips to Surfside and we haven’t caught a fish.

I read on here every year about about a group of guys that go offshore and load coolers down with fish. Who do I need to call to go catch fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just go down to port aransas and get with dolphin docks or deep sea headquarters. Do a 12 hr trip and you should catch fish

Comment

Go to Venice. I went with vodoo there’s plenty of great ones I’ve only been once in February ended with 2 yellowtail 20 plus blackfin. I’ve heard august is good chasing shrimp boats for wahoo and yellowtail. Best part of Venice is short boat ride more fishing less fuel cost. Dolphin dock will probably be my next trip though. A lot cheaper

Comment

Laguna Moon outdoors here in Corpus Christi. Chris shindledecker will put y’all on some fish offshore and you won’t have to mess with the party boat crowds. Nothing wrong with the party boats but we prefer to take a private charter. If you want bay fishing look up Capt Dillon Beck on FB here in Corpus Christi. We’ve loaded the cooler full of fish with him many times. Besides being a good fisherman he is a heck of a fun guy to be around.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          Just go down to port aransas and get with dolphin docks or deep sea headquarters. Do a 12 hr trip and you should catch fish
          Yeah my hunting buddy, just did a trip in December, they wore them out on yellowfin, black fin, mahi-mahi. Pictures looked incredible!

Comment

How big is your kid. May not be ready for YFT but for sure a bottom drop trip. B liners and maybe AJ. AJ do pull but they don’t require what tuna do. A September Blackfin tuna trip on shrimp boats can be great as well.

Comment

Offshore Fishing Trip ?

Originally posted by glen View Post
              How big is your kid. May not be ready for YFT but for sure a bottom drop trip. B liners and maybe AJ. AJ do pull but they don’t require what tuna do. A September Blackfin tuna trip on shrimp boats can be great as well.

He’s 5’10 145# and is a starting free safety. We need to hook some fish.

Comment

Get with Glenn’s Guide Service here for a bay fishing trip. He is a sponsor.

Looks for the Saltwater Fishing thread, you can see some of his reports there.

For offshore, if he isn’t used to being there, I wouldn’t book a long trip for the first incase he gets motion sick.

Comment

Off shore this time of year can be a dream come true or a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                    Off shore this time of year can be a dream come true or a nightmare.

Not looking for this time of year particularly. Just want to know the best outfit and best time of the year to go.

We want to catch fish.

Comment

Dolphin Docks runs a 56 hr with 14 anglers. I would suggest this in the months October-December. Almost every trip will limit of YFT and fish will be in the 75#-90# on average usually

Comment

If you’re just wanting to do a day trip and catch some fish give Capt Mark Holland a call. He’s out of Matagorda. Been fishing with him for well over 10 years now. You will catch fish till you’re wore out.

Comment

I run a 36ft contender with trips.Get with me and hop on a trip. Fill a couple of crew spots. I always beat the fish up. Snapper, kings, aj, grouper. If the weather is right might sneak out for some tile or swords.
                          That off shore game is easy when ya got it dialed in.
                          Always fun. I run out of Galveston or Freeport

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                            I run a 36ft contender with trips.Get with me and hop on a trip. Fill a couple of crew spots. I always beat the fish up. Snapper, kings, aj, grouper. If the weather is right might sneak out for some tile or swords.
                            That off shore game is easy when ya got it dialed in.
                            Always fun. I run out of Galveston or Freeport

I want my son to hook up on some fish. Can you guarantee that?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              I want my son to hook up on some fish. Can you guarantee that?

Haha man I'd bet you my boat on that. I like takin kids out especially. I hardly fish myself. But it's nice to see folks getting wore out on some nice fish.

But if you can play the weather and make it down on a nice weather window, hop on.

Comment

Working...
                              X