No announcement yet.

Tractor question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 44 HP mahindra. It was my dads and then he bought a new mahindra with a cab and I got the old one to use on my place. It’s a good tractor

Anyone else that has a tractor with no cab the apple ear pod pros are a game changer. You can turn on the noise cancelling and listen to music or a podcast while you shred. Without them your brain rattles from the noise.

Comment

I have a 1976 450 mahindra,doesnt even know what def is,just about bulletproof.And she starts every time I need her too.They dont build tractors anything close to this beast anymore.With plastic deeres and whining hydrostatic kubotas.The new tractor market is alot like democrats.Most of them suck,and the ones that dont are not.... well. good luck with your hunt,its very tricky these days.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

To those who asked, I am keeping the Deere but need an additional smaller tractor for the smaller mowing jobs and such. Mahindra currently has a low interest rate for 84 months, which is inviting to me.

Comment

I have a 2016 4550, (50hp). It has a small hydrolic leak by the seat. I've worked it pretty hard over the years and its held up fine. I do not like the gears are not synchronized. I should have gone a different route on the transmission. And only being a 50hp I find myself shifting gears alot when brush cutting. I probably wouldn't buy the same tractor again.

Comment

I have a 2016 Max 26 XL with 600 hours on it. It will run a 5' cutter and pull a 5' disc. It does most of what I ask of it and a lot of things that it probably shouldn't. All I have done to it is change the oil, grease it and I had to replace the fuel shutoff solenoid (30 bucks on ebay). It's 52" wide, so it works well in the woods. About the only time I run out of capacity is lifting. It will lift 1440 at the hinge pins. It's a lot smaller than what you are looking for, but if you already have a bigger tractor, it might work for you. Mine has been worked hard, and so far it's been a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
              To those who asked, I am keeping the Deere but need an additional smaller tractor for the smaller mowing jobs and such. Mahindra currently has a low interest rate for 84 months, which is inviting to me.
              Mahindra be be a tad cheaper, but with the addition of interest, you can get the same hp kubota for 0% at 60 months.

Comment

Just go get you another smaller frame Deere... No DEF. If you are going to use it for mowing and such where you need to manuver/steer and go back and forward a lot, get the power reverse hydraulic drive option! It is a game changer for shredding especially if you have to mow around trees and such, or mow in smaller areas. Mine is a 5055 and that power reverse shifter also gives you 12 gears forward AND reverse and no requirement to use the clutch when shifting from forward to reverse.

Comment

I would buy a Deere, Kubota, Yanmar or even a New Holland before I would not even consider a Mahindra.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                    Do you need a loader? if not go shop around and find you a super clean older model ford Diesel. They are built and will run forever. They are usually all over craigslist etc.

Something like a 3000 or up. Usually you can find some clean ones that and old man had and died off. Barn kept etc for 5-7K. Way better tractor then this new junk.

FYI they had gas or diesel. Get a diesel and make sure its a newer version with Power steering.

Comment

I believe John Deere uses a proprietary quick disconnect on their loader attachments. From what I've read, it's a good system, it's strong and easy to use. The problem with it is that they are the only people that use it. If you want something other than a bucket for the front end, it has to come from them. Everybody else uses universal skid steer.

Comment

I stopped by a J5 tractor in Conroe last week. They had a lot full of Mahindra's. Easily over 50 tractors. Parking lot was empty and nobody was in the store. I thought that was strange for them to have so many tractors when every other dealer can barely keep them on the lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X