Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
    Gotcha, please explain the difference and how you come up with LBM.
    Thx
    Get body fat checked, how you do it is up to you. Some do calipers, dexa scans or other means. Subtract the fat percentage from your lbs and that = lbm.

Example, because 200 is a nice round number. Say you're 200 lbs and 20% bf

200 @ 20% - 160 lbs of lean mass.

160 x .8 = 128 grams of protein daily.

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true it normally is..... new miraculous diet!!! lol

Just workout, be active, and most importantly eat better. Its not a miracle.

You don't have to starve yourself

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        If it sounds too good to be true it normally is..... new miraculous diet!!! lol

Just workout, be active, and most importantly eat better. Its not a miracle.

You don't have to starve yourself
        Who is starving themselves? My current daily intake is between 3200-3500 calories per day.

Comment

Thx, I guess I have been over doing it some but .8 is on the small side. Still hard to get it all, especially on days when I IF. I'm at 13% BF so that's about 24g less.

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          Get body fat checked, how you do it is up to you. Some do calipers, dexa scans or other means. Subtract the fat percentage from your lbs and that = lbm.

Example, because 200 is a nice round number. Say you're 200 lbs and 20% bf

200 @ 20% - 160 lbs of lean mass.

160 x .8 = 128 grams of protein daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
            Thx, I guess I have been over doing it some but .8 is on the small side. Still hard to get it all, especially on days when I IF. I'm at 13% BF so that's about 24g less.
            Nice BF%. I'm currently around 18-20% at 285. It can be hard to meet your daily needs. I find myself falling short because I'm to full eat. And I'm not going to force feed myself.

Comment

maybe this was covered already... but what about 0 carb energy drinks like the Monster Zero's?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                maybe this was covered already... but what about 0 carb energy drinks like the Monster Zero's?
                My favorites are the White and Blue Monsters and the White and Black Rockstar. Bang is also a good one. Yes, I use them and it has has not affected my ketosis. Once you're fat adapted, the keto coffee can really give ya a good boost.

Comment

So what's the list of supplements?
                  Salt
                  Magnesium
                  Turmeric
                  Multi,
                  What am I missing?

BCAA's,

I'm wanting to jump in but I also want to have everything when I do

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                    So what's the list of supplements?
                    Salt
                    Magnesium
                    Turmeric
                    Multi,
                    What am I missing?

BCAA's,
                    I take

Fiber
                    Controlled Labs Orange Triad mvi
                    Magnesium
                    Himalayan Pink Salt
                    Fish Oil
                    Preworkout - Hyde

On the list but not taking now.

Controlled Labs greens
                    BPI makes an amino supp with CLA and Coconut oil

Not a supplement but chicken broth can be good for extra salt if you need it.

Comment

What's the portion Icetrauma?

Comment

What's the portion Icetrauma?
                        Fiber is HEB generic brand I take 6 capsules twice a day. Breakfast and Lunch
                        Mag is 250 mg 1 tab daily. Breakfast
                        Forgot to add Potassium Citrate, not sure of dose but 1 time daily. Breakfast
                        CL Orange Triad 3 tabs twice a day. Breakfast and Lunch
                        Nordic Fish Oil 2 tabs twice a day. Breakfast and Supper
                        Salt with each meal as much as I feel is necessary.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Just finally watched those YouTube videos and I will be hitting HEB for some ingredients in the morning! Time to try that keto coffee with cacao and MCT oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks
                              You're welcome.

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                              Just finally watched those YouTube videos and I will be hitting HEB for some ingredients in the morning! Time to try that keto coffee with cacao and MCT oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I prefer coconut oil over MCT oil. MCT oil gives me a case of the bubble guts.

Comment

Started potassium and magnesium today. Also got the mio electrolytes to water. I'm hanging in until Sunday. If the headaches and cramps don't end, I'm off this diet. I've lost 25# already but have had a headache for most of the month and can't keep walking around with a headache that make it hard for me to focus.

Comment

Working...
                                X