No announcement yet.

Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebike ordered and crossbow tuned. Any rules on drive by shots?

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
      Is there any standby's for this hunt? My cousin who will be going with me to assist was wondering?

Last year there was a late season standby thing. They’ll send an email. My wife and I got drawn this year, but we opted to not take the tags due to other commitments. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
        Last year there was a late season standby thing. They’ll send an email. My wife and I got drawn this year, but we opted to not take the tags due to other commitments. Good luck to everyone.

That was a special hunt that they did for Exotics. I am pretty sure all the scheduled hunts at the Atascosa (bow or rifle) do not have standbys.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
          That was a special hunt that they did for Exotics. I am pretty sure all the scheduled hunts at the Atascosa (bow or rifle) do not have standbys.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I think you’re right. I was only interested in Nilgai on any of these hunts.

Comment

Non-hunting wife looking for similarly situated in Port Isabel

My wife and I are two active young 60s types. We have a place in Port Isabel, in the Island Avenue area, for a week for the Nov. 1-5 bowhunt. I'm hunting. She's not, and thus she won't have the truck most of the time. She's wondering if there are any other non-hunting spouses staying nearby who might want to make new friends for hiking, birdwatching, and some general area sightseeing. We live in downtown Houston and this is our first time to the Laguna Madre / Port Isabel / South Padre Island area.) PM me if yes. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
              How much? I have a room at Isla Inn, but I can still cancel.
              Ditto, pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                Don't forget!

Drone.
                Extra batteries for Drone.
                Megaphone for announcing your kill. Audio is needed, this thread has no audio.

Drill w/ drill bit for making rattling antlers from found shed antlers on the fly. (Thanks RGV HUNTER)

Selfie stick with remote.(DO NOT POST ON HERE OR ANYWHERE ON SOCIAL MEDIA, I KNOW YOU, CoswayTyler[emoji850])

Seasoning, incase you have to use your lighter for a fire...might as well indulge with flavor.
                Constellation map for finding north. In case you get lost like Romulan. If you do get lost, call a friend to pick you up somewhere else besides where your vehicle is parked at, avoid those pesty vultures awaiting to write citations for curfew. (Thanks, Romulan.)

Chain saw with extra gas and chains, for trimming shooting lanes or just cut down a whole tree and trim out your own shot lanes. (I'd fall one right in the middle of the road to detour hunters on ebikes[emoji6])

(Nevermind the no trimming vegetation rule. Thats bogus, the refuge management sets the whole place on fire via controlled burning method anyways, so go full send with your lumberjack skills.) Small twig in the way? Cut the whole tree down.

Bring thermal optics to make sure no putas are at the parking lot at dark, if so, phone a friend.

Koozie for beer. After you finish your last beer, run it over with your front tire on your bike and make believe you're on a gas powered dirt bike like when we were young boys. Waahhmmmmmmmmm!

A cat trap. Refuge staff would be estatic to see an Ocelot in real life. [emoji28] Bring them one.

Actually, just a mini air pump for flats. Bug repellent too. Headphones.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by WISCONSIN View Post
                  Starting the trip down from Wisconsin (1,600 miles and 24+ hrs) with my 11 year old daughter for this hunt!!! Wish everyone luck!
                  Dang that is crazy! Safe travels to yall and welcome!

Comment

Just to check, is the county road going up 8 next to the private land going to be left open during the hunt? Or do we have to walk that road during the hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
                      Just to check, is the county road going up 8 next to the private land going to be left open during the hunt? Or do we have to walk that road during the hunt?

Its open. you can drive all the way to the end gate that leads to unit 5. Parking is available anywhere along the road. Just don't block any gates or roadway.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
                        And from reading all of yall's comments, it seems the Fed Wardens do any and everything to go against the grain.
                        I never had problems, but I generally follow the idea that if it's not specifically allowed in the rules, it's probably against the rules.

Follow the rules, don't be out there past the cut off time, don't speed, and do not, under any circumstances shoot at anything that looks like a cat of any sort and you'll be aight.

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
                          Its open. you can drive all the way to the end gate that leads to unit 5. Parking is available anywhere along the road. Just don't block any gates or roadway.

Thanks just wanted to check.

Comment

How was orientation? Was Bludau's puts there?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                              How was orientation? Was Bludau's puts there?

He meant puta. My puta.[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                                He meant puta. My puta.[emoji23][emoji23]

Darn spell check.

Comment

Working...
                                X