All day sits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
    I am a fan of podcasts, especially ones that get me thinking or keep me engaged. I leave one ear bud out and keep volume low so i can still hear twigs breaking, and generally stay more alert.

What part of Ohio, i'm currently living up here for work and am staying at an Outfitters land in my camper. Working on a deal to do some cull hunting for him if i can get the time off.
    Closest town is Hinkley.

These are great ideas keep them coming!!

Comment

Tag out early on the first day

Comment

Good luck on your hunt.. I have a hard time sitting still for 3 or 4 hours.. I doubt I could sit all day..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
          Good luck on your hunt.. I have a hard time sitting still for 3 or 4 hours.. I doubt I could sit all day..
          Bear hunting in Canada has been my longest sits. 14 hours a day on a lock on stand for 7 days. Got a nice bear but it was an #asswhip

Comment

Don't forget an empty Gatorade bottle,

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
              Few of them power storing things to charge your phone up with. Good luck!!
              x2. just don't be looking down at your phone when that bruiser walks out!

Comment

I always plan on sitting in all day but then they tell me lunch is ready so then I head to camp lol

Comment

I keep an MRE in my pack when doing an all day sit. Compact, plenty of calories, easy to manage.

Just wizz off the stand, and take some tail tape. Not too hard to dig a hole and bury your waste, plus you can stretch the legs.

Comment

Hopefully you will have phone/internet service. Where we live in SE Iowa if you don't have US Cellular you don't have phone or internet. I have a cell booster in my house and guests with ATT, Verizon, etc have service in the house but not outside.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      good battery pack to recharge the phone
                      X2

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                        I stay put all day a lot of my hunts and carry the following.....I carry a lot of crap... Something on this list will hopefully help you.

Besides the obvious.... Sharp knife, flashlight, range finder, binoculars, camo face mask, etc

- large backpack

- Phone with battery pack/packs

- Food.... Couple of sandwiches/peanut butter crackers/energy bars, etc

- H20/Caffeine drinks (hard to stay awake at times)

- Chew

- wire ties to add brush to stand

- black duct tape/electric tape

- Dollar store trash bags, toilet paper, empty big Gatorade bottles.... for obvious reasons.... Use to get out to go, but, it's cost me on more than one occasion

- extra clothing... Always put on or remove, but, can't if in the truck or at camp

- hand and feet warmers

- extra socks/gloves

- "toboggan" skull cap/full head insulated cover.. If it's cold this is worth it's weight in gold.

- skunk scent/odor control spray

- thermal scope that I use as binoculars before daylight and at dusk

- extra pair of glasses in case mine break or lost.... It's happened to me
                        Essentially this list and what ever else will keep you comfortable.

I like to have a pad for my seat for an all day sit.

If you're not comfortable, you'll be fidgety and likely not stay out there all day.

Comment

Being a tall man sitting in a ground blind all day wouldnt be an option unless its tall enough to stand and stretch legs and back
                          I've sat many days in a climber with no problems. Sleeping was my saving grace just make sure you're strapped in good. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Ok got 3 battery packs for charging phone, got books on tape, got some pod cast, got some books to read and if I have service I have Netflix, youtube tv and Amazon prime. Have empty jug for taking a leak.

Comment

I did 9 all day sits in a row one yr. It was grueling. Passed several 140-150 class bucks waiting on that 180 class I saw the first evening. as mentioned above books were key for me and snacks. Don't forget to get up and stretch. I lost 15lbs during that time

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                                Ok got 3 battery packs for charging phone, got books on tape, got some pod cast, got some books to read and if I have service I have Netflix, youtube tv and Amazon prime. Have empty jug for taking a leak.

Why?

Comment

Working...
                                X