Opinion on barking dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on barking dogs?

Saw on TV today two neighbors in court over barking dogs. The one neighbor said he and his family cannot sleep because their neighbors dogs bark all night long keeping them awake. He went to the neighbor and asked him what could be done and the neighbor blew him off and told him to mind his own business.

I have (thank goodness) never experienced having to live next to barking dogs but I can imagine it can be a nightmare. What amazes me is that there are folks who own dogs that bark non stop and could care less who it bothers, keeps awake, or affects.

I would never dream of causing that type of issue with one of my neighbors. IMO one of the rudest things a person could do.

ohh boy....

Comment

Some here may know ways to "deal" with barking dog. PM Rocky.

Comment

I lived next door to a guy like that. He told me that they are dogs and that's what dogs do. To get something done would have required a lot of effort on my part to get not very desirable results from county or LEOs so I just dealt with it and didn't sleep very well until they got evicted.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I throw a very loud fire work in MY backyard, they stop!

Comment

Had a very likable Sheppard next door. Outside around 10 pm and non stop sharp sounding yap. Water hose. Would stop. Had spoke with neighbor and I consider them friends but! So I started spraying the dog and their bedroom window. They never said a word but brought the dog in. All good. Now I have a hound that can bay with the best close to me. Long woeful moans in the morning. I just get my stratocaster out and play along with some blues. (whoops I just confessed I am noisy as well)

Comment

I dealt with that for a few years. Folks that used to live next door had four Shih Tzus. Every night about the time I was going to bed they let them out and they would bark nonstop for an hour or more until they went back in. I would occasionally call them on it and they would apologize but never did anything about it. They were aggressive little turds - canine version of short man syndrome. Finally one of them bit off more than he could chew. He dug under the fence and attacked my good natured doofus lab, latching on to his ear. Ol’ Buck finally had enough of this little maniac attacking him in his own yard and ended him. I kinda felt bad about it but that also ended the barking problem

Comment

I hope I never have to deal with that crud.
                People these days get.offended at the drop of a hat so asking them to do anything could result in more drama. Bad situation for sure.

Comment

knew a guy who use to make special burgers for his neighbors dogs, they slept for a long long long time,

Comment

Had a large dog next door that would bark for hours. Made about 20 calls to the cops over it. Had to keep a log of all the barking. Per the cops request shared my list with them. They gave it to the DA. Then one day the barking stopped.

Comment

Here, you will get a citation for dogs that bark all night or day excessively. Mine doesn't bark all night cause she sleeps inside. City ordnance are just another reason I want to get out of this town.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Here, you will get a citation for dogs that bark all night or day excessively. Mine doesn't bark all night cause she sleeps inside. City ordnance are just another reason I want to get out of this town.
                        Just curious - so if you move out of town and are next to a neighbor will you care if your dogs are barking and keeping them awake all night?

Comment

How do you guys feel about the occasional barker. i.e. the dog barks at the neighbor's cat?

Asking for a friend...

Comment

I only have one dog. And she is 11. My last one. Like I said, she sleeps indoors. And yes, I would care if she barked all night. Cause I currently have neighbors who have dogs that bark at anything. Some all night. And I hate it ! I wanna move out of town cause I hate other people sticking they're nose in my business ! And telling me what I can and can't do on my property (without paying for some kind of permit), among many other things ! I plan on being where I can not see any neighbors, smell them, or hear them! Any more questions?
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-14-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I only have one dog. And she is 11. My last one. And yes, I would care if she barked all night. Cause I currently have neighbors who have dogs that bark at anything. Some all night. And I hate it ! I wanna move out of town cause I hate other people sticking they're nose in my business ! And telling me what I can and can't do on my property (without paying for some kind of permit), among many other things ! Any more questions?
                              No Sir - you answered my question and it was a very logical answer
                              Last edited by Huntingfool; 10-14-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X