Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd and short near the five, Cooper has been torching them all game.... This amounts to three opportunities to get him the ball and that Dak will hit him one out of three passes. Seems like a no brainier to most but cowboys decide they need to run the ball instead... Nobody was over the center at least on one of the running plays they could have had Dak get the two yards easy...

What a frustrating season yet again!! Fire red once and for all!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      Cousins won the game, Dak lost, cousins made plays when he had to, Dak did not, he had two chances in the red zone and got a field goal. Never said he should not get paid, just do not think he is worth 40M.
      So because Cousins won the game he played better..?
      Was not aware a win or a loss is solely based on QB performance.
      Again, look at the stats. Stats don’t lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        2nd and short near the five, Cooper has been torching them all game.... This amounts to three opportunities to get him the ball and that Dak will hit him one out of three passes. Seems like a no brainier to most but cowboys decide they need to run the ball instead... Nobody was over the center at least on one of the running plays they could have had Dak get the two yards easy...

What a frustrating season yet again!! Fire red once and for all!!
        Just listened to Garrett presser, Dak had the option on both 2nd and 3rd down plays to run or pass, he chose to run, makes you feel like he wanted someone else to win the game. The box was stacked, he said they kept handing the ball off to Zeke to keep Dak from getting killed, if you pass every down the defense will lay their ears back and come after the QB. Austin was not ordered to fair catch the ball, he was told to be smart. There you have it, from the horses mouth.

Comment

Zimmer showed Red how it was done last night! He made Dak beat them with his arm and he almost did it. Great performance by Dak.

The vikings had something on the boys . It was to obvious they knew when Dallas was running the ball. Could have been formations, a players stance, signals who knows . It was way too obvious!!

The cowboys defense missed a lot of tackles, a lot! This may sound weird but the Defense was fyin to the ball to fast. I know you want them going but you have to take care of your gap first and then haul arse. They were playing a 7 tech on the tight end and slanting inside hard which was why they were gashing them on the edges.

Oh well. That's the NFL Everybody beats Everybody!

Comment

Just listened to Garrett presser, Dak had the option on both 2nd and 3rd down plays to run or pass, he chose to run, makes you feel like he wanted someone else to win the game. The box was stacked, he said they kept handing the ball off to Zeke to keep Dak from getting killed, if you pass every down the defense will lay their ears back and come after the QB. Austin was not ordered to fair catch the ball, he was told to be smart. There you have it, from the horses mouth.

Yep!! Look at the defense and audible and then when you do throw it why to you go to Zeke on a low percentage pass play. If you’re throwing a quick out to the sideline it had better be Cooper. Hit the running backs in the flats when they’re standing there wide open or a short pass down the seam. Sometimes stats don’t tell the whole story. Errrbody knows that. It’s decisions made in crunch time that make you great. Dak has made some improvements and hopefully they get a deal worked out that’s in the best interest of both parties. Quarterbacks sure are hard to find.

Let’s get some new coaching blood in here and see what they can do with what’s here. I’m tired of the constant highs and lows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              Zimmer showed Red how it was done last night! He made Dak beat them with his arm and he almost did it. Great performance by Dak.

The cowboys defense missed a lot of tackles, a lot! This may sound weird but the Defense was fyin to the ball to fast. I know you want them going but you have to take care of your gap first and then haul arse. They were playing a 7 tech on the tight end and slanting inside hard which was why they were gashing them on the edges.

Oh well. That's the NFL Everybody beats Everybody!
              I've been saying basically the same thing about not securing the edges. I think they over pursue and leaves gaping holes on back side and edge.

I was almost inclined to laugh when the announcer last night was raving about the Dallas defensive linemen. I think its time to scrap their defensive philosophy.

Comment

I fully understand you can't pass every down but the last three plays to try to win the game?? Perhaps the decision was Dak's to run the ball, if so that is even more disappointing. As mentioned above, every run play was blown up before it even got to the line of scrimmage so why would it change in the last minute. It was like the defense was listening to the running play calls. Not the first game this happens either, the multi-million dollar O-line has gotten whipped frequently when it comes to run blocking.

Comment

I thought the defense played ok. They did miss a lot of tackles. Offensive play calling and clock management in critical situations is a joke. Other teams know when they are running the ball (and so do grandmas across the country). Cowboys offense isn't good enough to overcome that. Dak throws so well on the run. Yet the only time he throws on the run is when he is flushed out of the pocket. How about some designed roll outs and bootlegs??? On 4th and short you have to roll Dak out and give him the RPO. Unless you are clueless (yes Garret, I'm talking to you).

Comment

Hey hey ho ho
                    Red headed clapper has to go!

Hey hey ho ho

Hey hey ho ho

Hey hey ho ho

Comment

I didn't have time to read most of this morning's posts but the few I did read are talking how great Dak's stats were. He did make some awesome throws but the Vikings dropped 3 balls that could have easily been INT's. One of the starting CB's (Waynes) was out too if that would have made any difference who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Free agents after this year.

QB Dak Prescott
                        WR Amari Cooper
                        WR Randall Cobb
                        WR Tavon Austin
                        TE Jason Witten
                        DE Robert Quinn
                        LB Sean Lee
                        CB Byron Jones

But at least they overpayed at the most easily replaced position on the field...un-real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I agree with you on that, but zeke is special and it really is a team friendly deal if you really look at the specifics, zeke never gets hurt, he opens stuff up for dak without a doubt, the defense planned for zeke, they put 8 men in the box...so that is valuable when a team specifically game plans for one player, and when the cowboys passed they took advantage...cowboys problem isn't the salary cap and lack of talent at certain positions

its the coaching and the conservative make up of this team, when its a 50/50 game and it comes down to coaching we lose 90% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                          I agree with you on that, but zeke is special and it really is a team friendly deal if you really look at the specifics, zeke never gets hurt, he opens stuff up for dak without a doubt, the defense planned for zeke, they put 8 men in the box...so that is valuable when a team specifically game plans for one player, and when the cowboys passed they took advantage...cowboys problem isn't the salary cap and lack of talent at certain positions

its the coaching and the conservative make up of this team, when its a 50/50 game and it comes down to coaching we lose 90% of the time
                          Very well said, and I am guilty of being too critical of Dak just like my buddy Dale is of Zeke, all in good fun, Cowboys in a bad way, Garrett will be exiting the building unless a miracle happens.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                            I've been saying basically the same thing about not securing the edges. I think they over pursue and leaves gaping holes on back side and edge.

I was almost inclined to laugh when the announcer last night was raving about the Dallas defensive linemen. I think its time to scrap their defensive philosophy.
                            Yep, Then on the weak side they were playing a ghost wide 7 tech and the vikings stuck the old fashioned fullback ISO up their rears. #54 was getting washed by the hole by the combo block with the center and guard or running underneath the combo block and never getting there.

Its a fine line. you have to play fast and hard but you have to play smart as well. Thats why the screens are working for everyone they play. The entire defense is fast flowing every play. Gotta leave someone trailing the backside.

Comment

I think the Cowboys will need to sign the black cat if they want to secure more wins!

Comment

Remember somebody mentioning the Oline earlier in Zekes defense? Garbage play by our all world line.

Last edited by Smart; 11-11-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X