• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    If the deer I have my eye on presents an opportunity I am taking it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What about the rest of em?

Comment

I’m on hog patrol but I feel sorry for first mature bucks that cross my two buddies on their side of the lease....

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        I’m on hog patrol but I feel sorry for first mature bucks that cross my two buddies on their side of the lease....

7yrs of bad luck on top of bad luck wears on a man. It’s time for blood to be drawn

Comment

Let’s say my 1st day, not a chance in hell I’m going to slow cook like a brisket this weekend. But yeah, right one, I’m done.

Comment

I have a rule with myself that if a deer needs a pass the first time I see him, he ain’t good enough to shoot the rest of the year. If he’s something I consider a shooter, I’m letting one fly first chance I get

Comment

If a buck walks in and my first thought is to grab my bow, then I’m shooting.

If my first thought it to grab my binos, I’m passing.

Comment

I don’t ever really know what I’m going to do til it’s time. I’ve been known to see a buck I’ve got picked out on camera and it just not look as good as I thought it would and the other way around also. Sometimes I’ll shoot doe other days I’d rather just watch. Now if he is really a bruiser for my neck of the woods he’ll probably get an arrow or maybe not. Getting up there in age a little and it’s just not always about killing. But then again, I’m out of venison so look out! [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  If a buck walks in and my first thought is to grab my bow, then I’m shooting.

If my first thought it to grab my binos, I’m passing.

On public land, with antler restrictions, my first instinct is ALWAYS to grab the binos. Gotta be DANG sure he is wide enough!

Comment

I saw my target buck for about 5 seconds on opening morning and haven't seen him since. You never know if you will get another chance.

Comment

HAHAHA! Patterned to the feeder? HAHAHA!

Comment

Shooting target buck opening dsy?

I have no problem with my “trophy” to me buck being killed on opening morning/weekend. If my current target looks as good in person as he does on camera, I’ll be reaching for my bow if he gives me the opportunity. I kinda like the satisfaction of being successful early and the pressure being off. Hunting mgmt deer and does without worry of boogering up a trophy target is relaxing as is missing a hunt in the evening to cook a big meal for the group or sit by the fire. ...

Comment

Wish I had a target buck but haven’t seen one on camera that I want to shoot on opening day yet .

Comment

The best time to shoot a "particular buck" is when you see him....
                            Me Passing a shot at him for a later date ain't happening...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              The best time to shoot a "particular buck" is when you see him....
                              Me Passing a shot at him for a later date ain't happening...
                              This. Mine is getting an arrow opening morning if I see him.

Comment

I had this happen to me a few years back on my biggest buck to date, 2nd day of the archery season and I let one fly 165” low fence 11 pt.

Comment

Working...
                                X