Marking your bow with Kills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marking your bow with Kills

Just spent three days in a camp with some guys I know but have never gotten the pleasure to hunt with. One of them has the back of his bow marked with a silver sharpie with the tally of bucks, does and hogs he has taken with it. I want to do something similar. Anyone else do this and if so how do you mark it?

Had not thought to do that..I should on my recurve because it's the only weapon I'm proud to kill them with. I'm going to start and a silver sharpie sounds like a good choice

Comment

I have a friend who used to put cloth tape like a medical tape on the back of his riser above and below the grip and he used a fine sharpie to put marks for bucks above the grip and does below the grip. This was many years ago and we didn’t have hogs to hunt in Missouri.

Comment

I've got notches on my handle for this

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. I do keep a log book though which dates back to 1985 though.

Comment

I used to do that, but eventually my bow just fell apart from all the notches; I notched all the riser in two!

Comment

I notched the back side of my limb with a pocket knife on my first bow kill. Won't do that again.

Just kidding. Stock photos.

A log book with pictures and notes on conditions sounds like a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

search Etsy or Pinterest as I’m sure there are some ladies who have a side business with a vinyl cutting machine. Do hoof print mini-size stickers, like helmet stickers used be some schools. If you want to represent a doe, remove the two dew claw dots

Comment

I have sharpie marks on my old bow for deer. None for pigs or Javalinas. Those don't deserve marks.

Comment

No marks on bow. But I do have a tiny (deck of cards sized) spiral notebook I keep in a ziploc bag in my bow hunting back pack.

I track every animal I have ever killed with a bow in it. Date, weather, location, animal, bow, arrow, broad head, shot location, track distance, and which bow was used.

Figure when I'm old it will be cool to show the grandkids. Probably start one for each kid also when they start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 30-30 I got for my 16th birthday that has every deer I've ever killed marked on it regardless of weapon used.

Comment

Working...
                      X