Nissan Titan v-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Titan v-8

Does anyone here have a regular non XD version of the Nissan Titan?
    I have been looking at a new truck and these are $8-10k under a similarly equipped F-150.
    I have heard they suck gas, only have a 26 gal tank, and the tow capacity is 9200 lbs. most of that I can live with for the money.

Any thoughts on how they are powered, comfort, or problems?

Nissan Titan v-8

I have an older model, 2009 crew cab. Been a great truck so far. Just rolled over 150k and only have had to change the oil and a simple seal behind where the oil filter mounts up. Gas mileage isn’t great in town but I probably get 20 on the highway. I haven’t really ever checked the mpg because I still have to put gas in it regardless. Pretty roomy interior, can fit four adults comfortably without having to move the front seats up. Oh and I tow my 18ft boat with it regularly with no issues.

Comment

sold my 04 to my nephew 245k miles runs like a champ plenty of power and will pull anything with ease but yes the gas milage sucks .

Comment

I have a 2017 Titan SV Crew Cab 4x4, with the gas motor. Love it and have 62,000 miles on it right now. It does have the 26 gal tank, which sucks if you plan to tow a lot. I get 13.8 in town and 20 mpg on the highway. Out here in the West, most of our driving is 65-85 mph. My son has 2 Pro-4X gas, and 2 XD diesel. No problems with any of them. The seats and interior are way better than Dodge Ram, and right up there with the F-150. Super comfortable.

The truck will tow more than its rated for easily, but I try not to. My big toy hauler with the UTV in it and full water tank is 10,500# and it would run 65mph and get 8.0 mpg with it. Normal travel trailers, boats, and utilities are a piece of cake!!

Comment

Got a 2018 4dr Titan. Power is good, ride is good, but yes the MPG’s sux. I have a heavy foot and only get about 17 on the highway. I have babied it and got 22. I run 160 miles a day in it. As of today the truck is 1 yr old and has 45k miles on it. I still want the XD in a 4x4.

Comment

I have owned two. Both well over 200,000 miles on each. Only problems were brakes seem to wear out fast and the gas mileage is not good.

Comment

Had an 05 for a while. Loved the 5.6. That mug would scoot.

Comment

I was thinking of the XD but most of my driving is city so I am more inclined to do the non XD. I will probably test both tomorrow.
                The Xd is $15 k off msrp and the other is $13k off. Both are about $47k for the platinum.

Does their 5 year warranty cover everything?

Comment

I had an 05 with over 250,000 on it. Bought a 13 4x4 and then a 14 for my wife. Wife got T-boned hard and survived just being sore. Replaced her 14. Loved everyone of them. Pulled trailers fine. Gas mileage does suck. 12 -17 mpg depending on conditions. 8 mpg when towing. I will buy another one.

Comment

If you end up with one, check out my friend Jeff Nash and Cajun Pipes.

Comment

I drive a 2017 Titan SV crew can non Xd version. Similarly equipped truck comfort package iwas 7-8k more with Ford and didn’t come w 100k warranty. My work car is an xterrra w 225k miles so I’m biased. But 30k miles in I like it, no issues so far. 26gal tank is fine since I don’t tow anything. You can expect 18-20 mpg pretty consistently.
                      Last edited by axisbuck; 09-01-2019, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I have a 2018 Titan V8 gas 12000 miles it's so responsive had to learn how to drive it for better mpg .. " read the book " use cruise control ..

Comment

As I read all the gas mileage reports on here from 17 to 22 mpg that sounds pretty good to me. But everyone is complaining about the gas mileage I'm confused.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Im in the same boat as you . I have been eyeballing the Titan for a while now. The only issue I have seen is the paint jobs. I try to pay attention to the vehicles driving down the road and it seems more often that the roof looks like pooh. Im not sure if the owner is just not cleaning it or what. I know my wife has a 2001 4x4 frontier and that thing runs like a top 122,000 and nothing but oil changes. My 4x4 chevy is a **** !

Comment

I have a 2017 crew cab I bough last July.
                              According to the display on the dash I am getting 18.5 MPG average in town and highway. Pulling my cargo trailer I am getting around 13 MPG using the tow mode.
                              I am a Nissan fan, I have owned 5 in my life. 2 cars and 3 trucks. I have an 03 Frontier 4X4 with 230K miles and it is still going.

Comment

Working...
                              X