Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Panhandle Hunting Thread (7th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went up for work weekend. Was muddy....but that’s a good problem. Deer are killin cotton seed and protein. All my pics deer are all hard horned.

Comment

Our lease between Jayton and Rotan on the Kent/Stonewall county line has has 2.06” in the last 24 hours!
      Pics are showing more does, way more fawns (lost all our fawns last year) and some good bucks. Deer look in great shape and this rain will help!
      BUT, I am not nearly ready for next Saturday. 👿

Comment

Awesome to hear about the moisture!

Comment

Were near McLean, Deer are hard horned. More bucks showing up on cameras everyday. Mature bucks still staying shy, but lots of up and comers coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wellington got 4.5" of rain last night. That was in addition to about an inch in the previous 2 days.

Comment

We took over 4 inches at the ranch in Garza county in the last few days. It was much needed. Things were getting very crispy. Animals looking great. It should be a great year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                Wellington got 4.5" of rain last night. That was in addition to about an inch in the previous 2 days.
                Send it about 40 miles north Jeff. We are drier than a popcorn fart in Allison America. Wellington, Canadian, and Pampa are all getting rain but we seem to be in a bubble.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

That rain we got Sat night was a very narrow strip. Go 15 miles in about any other direction and all they got was around an inch. Really needed it here in town, we had missed out on several of the previous rains. This time of year you take what you can when you can. It is late Sept though, everyone should be getting some moisture in the next couple weeks.

Comment

I’m new to this thread but I have read back through several of these PH threads getting the lay of the land. I jumped on a place near Shamrock in south Wheeler Co this year. I’ve hunted North Texas up around Seymore but never this far north. I took the wife and kids up about 2 weeks ago and got cams/ feeders/ stands set up and things are looking pretty good. Several nice bucks, jist nothing that I’d call mature yet. We did sneak in a little dove shoot while we were there. With a 3 year old and 5 year old I had a little more help than I coukd stand but still managed to knock down 15 of the really really dumb ones. I’m looking forward to keeping tabs on the page and posting some pics myself. Good luck to everyone this year!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                      I’m new to this thread but I have read back through several of these PH threads getting the lay of the land. I jumped on a place near Shamrock in south Wheeler Co this year. I’ve hunted North Texas up around Seymore but never this far north. I took the wife and kids up about 2 weeks ago and got cams/ feeders/ stands set up and things are looking pretty good. Several nice bucks, jist nothing that I’d call mature yet. We did sneak in a little dove shoot while we were there. With a 3 year old and 5 year old I had a little more help than I coukd stand but still managed to knock down 15 of the really really dumb ones. I’m looking forward to keeping tabs on the page and posting some pics myself. Good luck to everyone this year!

Welcome to the area, don’t worry the mature bucks will start showing up here in the next month. There always late to the party. We have a ranch outside of McLean. We have new deer showing up daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
                        Welcome to the area, don’t worry the mature bucks will start showing up here in the next month. There always late to the party. We have a ranch outside of McLean. We have new deer showing up daily.

Ditto. My bucks always show the first week of October, then disappear until the rut.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post

Same here. I’m running 3 cams and only 1 of them is a cell cam. When I was up a couple of weeks ago feeders and cams had only been up about a week and the cell cam stand was the least active. It’s been popping pretty good the last week or so, makes me wonder what the other cams are doing!

Comment

A few of the locals.

Comment

More rain on our place 1.56" in the last 24 hour! Might be a little soggy come Saturday!

Comment

Knocked down a few dove yesterday evening by the stock tank. Dove numbers are fair in my area.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X