Homemade Beer Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Beer Bread

This quick and easy bread tastes like home-baked yeast bread, and it is excellent with chili and other hearty stews. It tends to harden quickly, but there are seldom leftovers.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

3 cups self-rising flour
    4 Tablespoons of Honey

1 egg
    1 bottle room temp. beer (12 oz.) (try Guinness Stout for dark, rich bread)
    1/4 stick of butter - melted

Optional – 1 cup of sautéed (caramelized) onions

Butter (or use non-stick spray) a loaf 9” x 5” loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, honey, egg and beer (or onions) then mix well. The mixture should be sticky. Pour mixture into the loaf pan. Cover with paper towel and let stand in a warm place for 15 minutes.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Pour melted butter over bread and bake 5 minutes more or until bread tests done.Turn immediately out of baking pan; cool for 10 minutes before serving or slicing (thick slices are best).

J.P.

I wonder quietly to myself...............What would that taste like with a couple finely diced jalapenos in it....?

Comment

Like Jalepeno Beer Bread

J/K, should be good. Let us know guinea pig.

J.P.

Comment

Very good stuff JP, thanks!

Comment

Made two loafs again this weekend in Louisianna for the in-laws......very tasty! I diced up a jalapeno and a half in one of them and it was the best.

Also, the 1st time I made this I accidentaly put the melted butter in the initial mixture (doesn't follow directions well). It turned out very good and stayed moist through the next day. I did it the same way this weekend and the little that was left over was still moist two days later........the jalapeno one was awesome covered in gumbo....or gumbaux.

Thanks again JP.

Comment

Made some of this with onions today. This stuff is gooo-oood. Cant wait to try it with jalepenos.

Comment

Fresh hand churned cow butter & hive honey straight outta the comb! ANYBODY SAY YUM YUM ?

Comment

Top for one of my favorites!

I always add at least one diced, sauteed jalapeno, and always use shiner bach, or guiness stout.

Allsome with MC's 30 Minute Red Beans and Rice!

Comment

Put 2 good sized sauteed jalapenos in a loaf of this stuff last night, and ate so much of it I hurt! Man that's good stuff.

Little hint, don't lick the batter off the mixing spoon.....it will swell up inside and make you quite uncomfortable.

Comment

Always been a favorite of mine, top for a good one!

Comment

I Tried it and added 1 shiner bock and 1 pack. of cooked and crumbled jimmy dean sausage. It was excellent for breakfast.

Comment

that sounds good, ill definatly add some jalepenos

Comment

These are all great ideas. I need to try them.

Comment

Sounds pretty easy to make.

Comment

I wonder how grated cheese with either ground sausage or jalapenos would be?

Comment

Working...
                              X