High End Production Knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High End Production Knives

I have been thinking about picking up a new folding EDC knife been looking at Medford knife and tool and Southern Grind. I own a few nice ones ZT Emerson and Benchmade. I don’t mind spending $500+ for a great knife. Anyone have a Medford or any other high end folder or other brands I should look at?

I know you said production knives...BUT, If you gonna spend that kind of dough why not give Chops a look?

Comment

Chris Reeves sebenza

Comment

Medford infraction is what I’ll be dropping that kinda dime on.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I’ll second the Chris Reeve Sebenza.

Comment

I carry a Medford, solid knife, I've carried striders for about 10 yrs before this so there in line price wise.

Comment

Third the Sebenza, pretty much perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                I know you said production knives...BUT, If you gonna spend that kind of dough why not give Chops a look?
                I have several handmade fixed blade knives and have thought about a hand made folder but all of them I have seen are just too pretty for my EDC I am kinda hard on them it’s easy to be hard on an ugly knife not so much a pretty one

Comment

Originally posted by Rafter S View Post
                  Chris Reeves sebenza
                  I looked at a few Reeves knives wow very nice. To me the Medford’s are like a tank not sure I could break it without a hammer and an anvil. The Reeves seemed more like my ZT knives only more refined (I haven’t been able to break a ZT yet).

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                    I have several handmade fixed blade knives and have thought about a hand made folder but all of them I have seen are just too pretty for my EDC I am kinda hard on them it’s easy to be hard on an ugly knife not so much a pretty one
                    Gotcha...check out www.PVKNIFE.com

High end production blades. Auto's, folders and fixed.

Comment

Medford makes some great knives, they’re in the over built tactical folder category and they certainly fit the bill as they are built like tanks. If you want something a little more classy and most certainly light check out the variety of CRK Sebenzas, they do a ton of different inlay options as well as Damascus options. Other than that there are lots of smaller companies that fit that price range like Wingman EDC. Once you get above $700 that’s when you’re starting to be in custom knife territory and no longer production for the most part. I carry a custom from Enrique Pena the majority of the time and it set me back about $800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My good buddy carried a Medford pretty much daily and he does not baby it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to the Knife Shope in the Parks Mall and ask for David and tell him Ronnie sent you and he will get you a good deal on whatever you want.

Comment

Southern grinds has a pretty good line.

Comment

If you’re wanting a more “refined” knife, like others have said, Chris Reeves knives are gonna be about as nice as you’ll get in your price range. If you’re wanting a very nice flipper, check out Wingman knives distributed by Recon1: https://recon1.com/wingmanedc/
                              A batch is released once a week. Great knife based on custom knife makers Tom Mayo and Lee Williams.

Comment

Working...
                              X