WiFi Coverage for Large Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi Coverage for Large Home

Wife and I are about to move and I don’t think our current setup is going to cut it. Wondering what everyone used to get good coverage across a large house? Current house is 3 floors, 3200 square feet and we are able to get coverage across all living area using just a regular router and a booster, but you lose coverage shortly after going out an exterior door. New house will be 3 floors as well but 5,200 sq ft and I’m thinking of going with a mesh system, just no clue which one. Would appreciate first hand experiences and advice, thanks!

Google Mesh
    best thing ever

Comment

Euro

End thread

Comment

I was just talking to a coworker about this. He is using a system by Amplifi. He is one of our network architects, very knowledgeable, and seems to be very happy with it.

Comment

Brand names will vary, just make sure you are buying a meshed node not a booster ( nodes allow you to move seamlessly from one “booster to the next “)without losing service

Comment

If you can still run a cable for separate access points from your router then you should do that setup. You will suffer speed loss with a mesh system for that size house. Mesh should really only be used when it is not possible to run a wire.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Orbi System is the way to go. They have multiple systems to fit your needs. Super easy to setup through their app and you can manage all of your devices online. The only way to go in my opinion.

Comment

There are plenty of boosters on the market. AT&T makes one called airties. They are wifi extenders. They sync up to your modem then you place it in another part of your house. It's makes a huge difference in coverage. I believe these are about $50.

Comment

I've installed several of these access points recently both commercially and residential. Havent had any complaints.

Ubiquiti UniFi Enterprise WiFi System AP-Pro (UAP-PRO) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HXT8T5O..._HXjsDb2XCN86K

Comment

I have Google Wifi. Been very happy with it. Very easy to set up, only drawback to me is that you have to use the app, can't really use a PC to set it up, or at least I haven't been able to.

Comment

Google WiFi here with 3 pucks in a large home. It’s outstanding. The app is the most user friendly app I’ve used.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                        I have Google Wifi. Been very happy with it. Very easy to set up, only drawback to me is that you have to use the app, can't really use a PC to set it up, or at least I haven't been able to.

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        Google WiFi here with 3 pucks in a large home. It’s outstanding. The app is the most user friendly app I’ve used.

Does the Google mesh system have a modem built in or do you still need a modem to pair up with them? Really like the looks of the Ubiquiti system linked below, however they are access points and not wireless mesh pucks. Not an issue if I have any kind of Ethernet system in the new house, but I won’t know until we move in next week.

Ubiquiti Networks UniFi AP Enterprise WiFi System UAP-3 (Pack of 3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EORRBW..._17ksDbJFSZAC6

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                          I've installed several of these access points recently both commercially and residential. Havent had any complaints.

Ubiquiti UniFi Enterprise WiFi System AP-Pro (UAP-PRO) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HXT8T5O..._HXjsDb2XCN86K

Just had 3 of these installed in my 4000 square foot house. Also had one of their outdoor versions installed too. We have coverage now throughout the inside and outside of our home. Highly recommend it.

Comment

Man you guys make me feel like trailer trash in my 2000 SF house.

Comment

I’m no help, I would have said the airport extremes but I think they discontinued them.

Comment

Working...
                              X