East Tx Illegal Hunting Arrests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Tx Illegal Hunting Arrests

Saw an article on KLTV about arrests to come out of Wood Co. Several suspects involved in both Wood & Smith Co.’s. Approx 28 WT deer & over 50 hogs killed at night from public roads. I can’t upload link

GOOD, get them all!

Comment

Game wardens were able to detail the killing of “approximately 28 White-tailed deer and over 50 pigs by a total of 12 individuals.”

Comment

WOOD COUNTY, Texas (KLTV) - More arrests are expected in an illegal hunting investigation that has already led to the arrests of multiple Mineola residents.
        Game Warden Capt. Quint Balkcom said Monday morning his office is working with authorities in Oregon to apprehend and extradite Chance Avery Briggs, of Van.
        Briggs has multiple warrants out for his arrest and also is wanted for a probation violation out of Wood County, according to Balkcom.
        Those arrested last week are Jacob Thomas Blair, Dustin James Hartley, Kaleb Lee Brown, Aspen Lynn Umphries, Dalton Jeronimo Robles and Hilario Lynch Garcia are facing multiple charges separately, including hunt white-tailed deer with the aid of an artificial light, hunt white-tailed deer at night and hunt white-tailed deer from a vehicle.

According to arrest affidavits, game wardens interviewed the suspects in February and each, at some point, admitted to illegal hunting over the previous two hunting seasons. The affidavits detail how each suspect would go out with one or more of the other suspects at various times and hunt at night using a spotlight.
        The investigation began with a deer that had been shot off a county road at night. In February 2019, a subsequent investigation “uncovered an extensive amount of illegal poaching in both Wood and Smith counties,” according to information released by Wood County Game Warden.
        Game wardens were able to detail the killing of “approximately 28 White-tailed deer and over 50 pigs by a total of 12 individuals.” Investigators say all the deer and pigs had been killed at night and from public roads with the help of a spotlight.
        "We’ve continued throughout almost a year’s time collecting evidence and information through interviews with as many as 12 different suspects arriving at the arrest of eight individuals with over 600 different cases of different levels ranging from state jail felonies to Class A misdemeanors to Class C misdemeanors,“ Balkcom said. “Quite a serious case. We will not rest until we find the violators that steal from the State of Texas.”

Comment

wow

Comment

Nobody should be surprised, it's ETX. They wonder why they don't have higher deer numbers lol.

Comment

I couldn’t understand what the illegal part was. Using a .22 caliber or incorrect lumens on the spotlight

Comment

poaching arrests

it doesn't matter how many are arrested and found guilty.. the system is set up to keep game wardens/tpwd fully staffed via catch and release.... I caught a suspected long time poacher 1.5 yrs ago red handed, and wardens found all kinds of illegally killed wt at residence and the judge let him off last month with pre-trial diversion... basically deferred adjudication. I voiced my concerns, in person, to a few tpwd staff and wardens last week about the outcome, told them they should be ashamed of themselves.... they agreed with me....

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                  it doesn't matter how many are arrested and found guilty.. the system is set up to keep game wardens/tpwd fully staffed via catch and release.... I caught a suspected long time poacher 1.5 yrs ago red handed, and wardens found all kinds of illegally killed wt at residence and the judge let him off last month with pre-trial diversion... basically deferred adjudication. I voiced my concerns, in person, to a few tpwd staff and wardens last week about the outcome, told them they should be ashamed of themselves.... they agreed with me....
                  Probably because the legal system is over crowded with so much other crime that they just slap the hand of those doing this type of criminal act

Comment

I saw a tee shirt the other day that said If God didn't want me to hunt deer at might He would not have put reflection in their eyes.

Comment

Everyone knows you only spot light by yourself so no one else can tell on you. Rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                        Nobody should be surprised, it's ETX. They wonder why they don't have higher deer numbers lol.
                        it probably was, 28 is all they know about

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                          There are outlaws hunters everywhere and there are no deer in East a Tx at all. Please continue to spread this and that everyone needs to lease other parts of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                            I saw a tee shirt the other day that said If God didn't want me to hunt deer at might He would not have put reflection in their eyes.
                            That's a long t shirt.

Comment

I don't know why I hunt in East Texas. The hogs are out of control seen 4 deer total last year. But it's cheap compared to other parts of the state. And I have 100 acres to my self

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X