Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicest Restaurant Ever !

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    This is about our limit as well for an 'ocassion' meal.

My limit is around $100 normally but I am a cheap butt when it comes to food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

el bulli Catalonia, Spain

Comment

Restaurant Wierzynek, Krakow, Poland!
        Last edited by White Falcon; 08-17-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
          If you like them, I suggest the Potatoes Au Gratin as a side. The best I've had!
          I will now second this as the best potatoes I have ever had! Dakotas did not disappoint food wise! That filet was top 5 for me. Coconut crème pie was delicious, and I'm not even a huge fan of coconut.

Comment

I don't know if it is still there, but the restaurant at Neiman-Marcus in downtown Dallas is/was pretty durn swanky. The old Dallas Playboy Club was really nice. Also have had dinner at some joint on Turtle Creek but can't remember the name. The Dallas Country Club is nice but I can't go back there. And me and the wife enjoyed Randy's Steakhouse in Frisco.

Comment

The wife and I were in Des Moines, IA for our anniversary last year and went to 801 Chophouse. It was really good.

Comment

Another for Mamas Fish House Maui.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2485.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	24588813

Name:	IMG_2489.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	24588814

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	24588815

Comment

I just realized how I got to be a fat ***... . I can’t pick just one.

Lived in Baton Rouge for years and ate at every one of those that have been mentioned in New Orleans. Gallatoires is probably my favorite.

We hit Vegas on the no-limit spend with my boss about twice a year and usually find some good grub in one of the hidden restaurants. I think this last time trip we ate at the Cosmo one.

The Chart House in Aspen was a favorite for years - it’s a Morton’s/Ruth copycat.

Business dinners in Tampa/Naples/Orlando have become way too frequent with the lawyer crowd here lately.

Honestly, I’d rather stay home and have pizza.

We recently had a great meal at the Badu House in Llano....

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    I just realized how I got to be a fat ***... . I can’t pick just one.

Lived in Baton Rouge for years and ate at every one of those that have been mentioned in New Orleans. Gallatoires is probably my favorite.

We hit Vegas on the no-limit spend with my boss about twice a year and usually find some good grub in one of the hidden restaurants. I think this last time trip we ate at the Cosmo one.

The Chart House in Aspen was a favorite for years - it’s a Morton’s/Ruth copycat.

Business dinners in Tampa/Naples/Orlando have become way too frequent with the lawyer crowd here lately.

Honestly, I’d rather stay home and have pizza.

We recently had a great meal at the Badu House in Llano....

How was Badu House? I’m just up the road from there and have been thinking about trying it.

Comment

Let's hear the Dallas CC story. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you ever eat at Barbara's Table in Bracketville?

Definitely not the fanciest, but possibly one of the best places I've ever eaten. She closed it down, but had she been in Houston or San Antonio, she would be rich. Had her cater my wedding...in bracketville.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                          The Bee Hive in Albany is hard to beat����
                          One of my favorites. Not the best by any means, but a **** good steak for a **** good price. Love the atmosphere as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            What is the nicest place y'all have been to? Was it what you expected? Was it memorable? If you could go anywhere, were would you go?

I love good food, the Family loves watching all the cooking shows/competitions. I try every good restaurant I can get into. A few months ago I found out about a Michelin Star rating system. I quickly became infatuated, only to find that there are only 17 of these rated 3 stars within the US.

Me and the Better Half are headed back out to wine country in California, and I have booked a reservation at Single Thread. 3 star rated, and I'm flat out giddy. I will always have a soft spot for deep fried Southern greatness, but have more recently started to expand into other areas.
                            Thas really cool to expand the boundries a bit.. I really like and prefer gastro pub type places with great beers or classic cocktails and simple food with the chefs twist on it!

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Plus (V2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lck90 View Post
                              How was Badu House? I’m just up the road from there and have been thinking about trying it.

We ate there once before it closed and planned to go back, but never got the chance. Cool vibe and great food when we were there.

They are re-opened now - saw the sign tonight.

Comment

I went to MAD in Houston last week
                                Ate duck tongues and squid ink
                                Bleghk
                                Not for me
                                Give me a half pound of brisket and some homemades and I'm good.

Comment

Working...
                                X