No announcement yet.

another paypal rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve heard PayPal was locking accounts out due to guns ammo and other related item purchases.

Comment

Currently dealing with a dispute over some shorts I ordered -- the on-line ad read "Medium-fits waist 33-36" and when they arrived the waistband said "M-32" and they don't fit. The shipper -- "NiNi" in China somewhere said they would exchange them if I shipped them back but they would not give me a prepaid return and had to ship at my expense which was about $23 or half of the cost of the purchase. I wasn't gonna do it but decided I would, as the dispute process left me with no option. I will get a credit to my account once the package is delivered.

Not a PayPal problem, but the folks on the other side of the pond are the problem.

Comment

OP you can't title the thread "another rant" and NOT rant. LOL... Let's hear it.

I've been using PayPal since it was invented, pushing a thousand transactions I'm sure and only had one issue that was more of an eBay thing than a PayPal thing. I also send/receive money F&F here on TBH all the time.

Comment

Love PayPal, it’s perfect for what I use it for and I use it often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always had good luck with PayPal until someone hacked my eBay account and got both shut down. Apparently a lot of folks bought vacuum cleaners I had for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              OP you can't title the thread "another rant" and NOT rant. LOL... Let's hear it.

I've been using PayPal since it was invented, pushing a thousand transactions I'm sure and only had one issue that was more of an eBay thing than a PayPal thing. I also send/receive money F&F here on TBH all the time.
              Ha! Exactly. I'm betting operator error. Used Paypal since early 2000s on lots of transactions and NEVER had a single issue. Do i like paying their fees when selling? No but that is the cost of doing business.

Comment

Used it once.Worked fine...Not ever getting my sign delivered is another story.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I hear there going to not allow ammo or firearm purchases anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                    I don't think they ever allowed payments for firearms but I doubt they'll be able to filter most of the person to person transactions. Even so, Venmo is a much better option for that anyway. If buying guns & ammo from online retailers I can't recall seeing any of them ever taking PayPal payments anyway.

Comment

Plenty of other ways to transfer/sell items. PayPal was the beginning but they are far behind the curve.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                        I’ve heard PayPal was locking accounts out due to guns ammo and other related item purchases.
                        Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                        Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        I don't think they ever allowed payments for firearms but I doubt they'll be able to filter most of the person to person transactions. Even so, Venmo is a much better option for that anyway. If buying guns & ammo from online retailers I can't recall seeing any of them ever taking PayPal payments anyway.

Nobody knows what the OP's problem is, but Most gripes about Paypal are not Paypal's fault.

Paypal has always been anti gun.
                        Yes, they can and will lock your account if you violate their terms that you agreed to follow.

Paypal is pretty helpful with resolving disputes and protecting buyers/sellers.
                        Getting hacked is not PP's fault, but they'll help you. May take some time though. Freezing the account and investigating is pretty standard

Dodging the fees is risky and if you get scammed, you're on your own.
                        A person being a sucker is not PP's fault.

Comment

Caused some inconveniences, but cancelled our account a few years ago due to their politics. Supporting freedom's worth a little inconvenience. My choice and I've never lobbied anyone to follow suit. Sounds like they do a pretty good job of doing what they do.

Comment

Used for years.......never a problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X