Axis Hunt, Hide Tanning, & Euro Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis Hunt, Hide Tanning, & Euro Cost

Hey folks! I am planning my first exotic hunt, will be going after an axis buck. I know nothing about them, I've only ever deer hunted and I have never paid for a deer hunt so this whole
    "paying for a one time hunt" experience is new.

I figured you all could offer some suggestions.

What is a reasonable price to pay? I don't need a trophy or a monster but I would like to take a decent buck.

I'd like to get a euro mount done and have the hide tanned, what cost should I expect for that?

Any low fence outfitters you all would recommend?

What is the best time of year to hunt axis?

Gracias
    Last edited by yotethumper; 08-12-2019, 01:02 PM.

I would say $2500.00 and up on Axis hunt. And hunt them pretty much year around, they will be in velvet or hard horn, depends on time frame you hunt.

God Bless
    Bish

Comment

Have no idea what Axis hunts cost. Never bought one, have killed many; but you can expect to pay about $150 to have a hide tanned and at least that much for a Euro on a mesquite plaque. Processing usually costs me $75-100 based on sausage ect in the Kerrville area.
      30"+ Axis are trophy grade and may cost more. Bow hunting them is very hard. They are quite aware. Any Axis is a trophy. Have fun.
      Good luck and good eats on the way!

Comment

We would love to have you come take your first axis at H5 Trophy Ranches located in Barksdale, TX.

We are currently selling Axis buck hunts for $3,200. This includes your animal, guide fees, food, drinks & lodging. We also have 21 other species of game on the ranch if you are interested in creating your own package hunt.

Our website is h5trophyranches.com

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or would like more info on the ranch.

Caden
        (817)5656291
        Or (855) I HUNT TX

Comment

Working...
        X