Where to send coyote hide to be tanned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to send coyote hide to be tanned?

Caught a 44# male with a decent coat this morning. Wife has been wanting a tanned hide to go with the fox I had tanned.

In the past I would have sent it to North Texas Tannery but I remembered a thread about Antlers86's experience and the guy saying he no longer did coyotes

Need somewhere that they will take frozen hide, flesh and tan

Pricing info would be great too but I don't mind calling either

I think trophy case in paradise tx is tanning hides.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      I think trophy case in paradise tx is tanning hides.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
      Their web site states they “ONLY tan hides and capes for other taxidermists”
      Was hoping I found something there since I have a fox and some bobcats I would like to get tanned.

Comment

I'd take it to a taxidermist and let them do it. Or just order stuff and do it myself.

Comment

Look up Moyles, brother. They are a big sponsor of the national trappers Association and they do very good work.

They have done bobcats and coyotes that I have caught in the past.

Comment

I've always had great luck with Moyles. But I don't know of they do fleshing there. I'd gladly flesh and stretch it for but MN is a bit far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
              Look up Moyles, brother. They are a big sponsor of the national trappers Association and they do very good work.

They have done bobcats and coyotes that I have caught in the past.
              Originally posted by oneeye View Post
              I've always had great luck with Moyles. But I don't know of they do fleshing there. I'd gladly flesh and stretch it for but MN is a bit far away.
              Pretty sure Moyles requires fleshed and possibly salted but I will check

Appreciate the offer oneeye, I normally don't keep the hides, just trap for predator control. No clue how to flesh one and no tools I would need

okrattler, pretty sure taxis around here would flesh and ship and charge about 5X what a tannery would

Thought there was a LoneStar Tannery but no luck searching for that. Guy at North Texas suggested them for a sheep my daughter killed but turned out her's was mouflon type and not wool sheep

Comment

In….have a few cats I’d like to have done

Comment

USA Foxx and Furs will tan hides. I read instructions on shipping though and personally I'd rather over pay a taxidermist than go through all that. I just don't have the patience to deal with that kind of stuff.

Comment

I’ve used Foxx Furs several times & they do great work at a fair price.
                    Shipping is no big deal, check their website for tips.
                    I would recommend paying the expedited fee for faster turnaround on your hide

Comment

I've heard some folks stopped using Fox due to some issues, not sure what.
                      Moyle does great work but it has to be fleshed and trapper dried at least.

Look into Sleepy Creek Tannery and ZL Tannery.

Hop on over to Trapperman and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                        I’ve used Foxx Furs several times & they do great work at a fair price.
                        Shipping is no big deal, check their website for tips.
                        I would recommend paying the expedited fee for faster turnaround on your hide
                        You're very lucky to have had all good dealings with USA FOXX. That place is known to be a nightmare!! I live 90 miles away and wouldn't bring them anything to be tanned again.

Comment

Following!

Comment

BT fleshing is not hard on coyotes and bobcats, only need a beam and a decent knife.
                            You can make boards to dry them pretty easily yourself.
                            Ear cartilage is not hard to remove either, you have options on that.
                            Once fleshed you just stretch them on a board and tack them down to dry. Turn one time from hide out to fur out and let dry.

I would open up some tannery options for you if dried and they ship easier.

Comment

Sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
                              X