Things your non-hunting spouse says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things your non-hunting spouse says...

My wife doesn't hunt, but she tries to have conversations with me about hunting. She cracks me up with her choice of words...

My wife calls any drawn hunt that I won, regardless of species, a "deer win". I won a squirrel hunt but it is on the calendar that i will be out of town Jan 7-9 on a deer win.

I also saved the tarsal glands from last year's deer and put them in a zip lock in the deep freezer. Yesterday I cleaned and defrosted the deep freezer, and today I cooked the last of the meat we had. She asks me what I did with the tail that was in there. I stop what I am doing, confused, and it hits me, she meant the tarsal glands

Whats your spouse say?

Not my wife but someone’s got to say Catchin’ deer!

Comment

My wife has educated herself over the years. She doesn’t hunt but let’s me play in the woods. I can’t remember any thing off the top of my head, but can’t wait for some of the quotes!
      Last edited by Killer; 12-30-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Don’t wake me up when you leave!

Comment

“We could have (weekend activity X, Y, or Z) but SOMEONE thought he needed to go Hun-Ting instead.”

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            Don’t wake me up when you leave!
            Lol. Yup. But I’ll text Maryalice “settled in” when I’m in ground blind. So she knows we can start texting.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
              “We could have (weekend activity X, Y, or Z) but SOMEONE thought he needed to go Hun-Ting instead.”
              I used to get that. Then she asked why I go hunting a lot. I said I’m trying to shoot something to mount and unless you want me to mount something at home I’m gonna go hunting. I get to go hunting more now !

Comment

Mine used to be really understanding, especially since I layed down the law when we first started dating. I went on record and told her that I hunt, everything, every season, and I fish, and that she was always welcome to join me, but I don’t want to hearing any bitching. But, kids changed things. Now it’s, “Are you taking the kids with you?”
                “Do you have a babysitter lined up?” My kids are 3 and 5. My daughter will be going with me more often starting next year, then both kids will be joining me & momma will have more weekends off. I just have to get her to look at the long game, not just look at what’s happening right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife: “You’re gone like every weekend.”
                  Me: “And a lot of weekdays too.”

Wife: “Why do you have to go hunting all the time?”
                  Me: “Why do you still ask me that EVERY year after 16 years?”

Comment

Her: Why do you spend so much for hunting?

Me: Why do you spend so much on pedicures?

Comment

Me: I got one
                      Her: good!! Are you coming home now

Me: it’s 45 min till dark, prime time. It could happen any minute
                      My phone: Brooklyn calling
                      Her: whatcha doing? Are you out of the stand yet?

Comment

I get “while I’m here being a single parent all weekend”

Sorry you married a man babe not a skinny Jean wearing punk [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took a buddy to my property to hang out for the weekend last year. It was pretty cold, so we just watched movies and ate Sloppy Joes. He told his wife that we were going hunting, which can be a euphemism for just hanging out at the cabin in the woods. He did want to hog hunt, so I got him set up two evenings in a row. On the second evening, he shot a small sow and was so excited. He texted a pic to his wife, as he was proud of his pig. She called it a nice piggy because it was so small…it kinda hurt his feelings.

Sometimes my wife will ask if I saw anything when I hunted. If I say no, she will ask how that is hunting if I didn’t see anything. I’ve tried to explain that not every hunt is a successful hunt.

Comment

7:12 A.M. phone rings phone rings the first Monday after Thanksgiving/ OHIO GUN SEASON OPENER.

“What ya doing?”

“Oh nothing just sitting in a tree waiting for a deer?”

“Oh I forgot again…well let me tell you about my day yesterday!”

Comment

Is that a buck or a doe? I’m not eating any deer meat. And here’s a fishing one from her- Why did you go all the way to Alaska and Mexico to fish and spend all that money when Lake Ray Hubbard is 4 miles down the road from us?

Comment

Working...
                              X