Barrel Threading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrel Threading

Was wondering if it is possible to thread my weatherby vanguard factory contour 4 barrel to 5/8 x 24 or does it require a thicker barrel to be threaded.

Thanks

Need a thicker barrel

Comment

Barrel is to thin.

Should be able to to a 1/2 though. Maybe…

Comment

you could also do what browning did. go with metric threads then get an adapter.

Comment

Can I thread my Ruger 10/22 sport? Or just get an adapter?

Comment

Most factory guns especially older ones have to be threaded 1/2x28 and use an adapter to 5/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigtex76 View Post
              Can I thread my Ruger 10/22 sport? Or just get an adapter?
              Ruger makes this little adapter that just fits right over the end of the barrel. Makes it super easy and i have never had an issue with my suppressor using it.

Comment

For what it would cost you maybe better to put a custom Barrel in. There is a company called Hastiing gun barrels. I see them advertise May look and see if they have used barrels. Not sure we’re your at in Tx check out schilen barrels.

Comment

You can also look up Brownells for Shilen barrels

Comment

if you don't care about looks .. you can try this ... that's what I did and it's fantastic! [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncFgmIydezE&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]Installing a suppressor on a traditional 243 rifle - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                      For what it would cost you maybe better to put a custom Barrel in. There is a company called Hastiing gun barrels. I see them advertise May look and see if they have used barrels. Not sure we’re your at in Tx check out schilen barrels.
                      Will it fit the sport stock?

Comment

My best bet will do the 1/2 and put the right suppressor on it.

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                          Ruger makes this little adapter that just fits right over the end of the barrel. Makes it super easy and i have never had an issue with my suppressor using it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021696660
                          I will give it a try. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021696660

That looks like a baffle strike in the making. Ain't no way in hell that would be put on my gun.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              That looks like a baffle strike in the making. Ain't no way in hell that would be put on my gun.
                              Nah its super solid and really does work great. The gun has been dropped, road around in the truck, etc. and the mount stays super secure.

It really is the best/easiest/cheapest option if your barrel isn't threaded.

Comment

Working...
                              X