My new Kodiak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Kodiak

Picked this up on one of my trad groups on Facebook….traded my Satori straight up for it.

It’s a 2019 reproduction edition of the 1959 Bear Kodiak. Very attractive bow in very good condition. Previous owner said he only shot it about 10 times. Both string and feather rest look brand new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local archery had one similar to this that was a numbered reproduction run! Fine looking bow for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll bet that's a sweet shooter. Congratulations!

I see you shoot from the correct side as well!!

Comment

Nice! Congratulations on the new stick!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have its' right-handed brother that was built in 2013. Sixty pounds also. Never been shot or even strung up. Probably won't now. Have fun with that thing and don't overdo it.

Comment

Congrats, got to handle one of those at my last shoot, beautiful bows. I’m a Bear fanboy myself, Kodiak takedowns are my thing.

Comment

Hopefully it’ll get to fling a few arrows from it tomorrow. It’s a really pretty bow.

Comment

Got to shoot a few arrows with it today. I’m using my 525 grain 500 spine arrows from my Grizzly and think I may need to use a 400 spine in this bow.

Anyway, this bow is snappy! Need to add some string silencers and a quiver but she shot good. Arrow speed is quite a bit faster than the Grizzly as well.

Not gonna hunt with it this season but after shooting it for a bit, I picked up the Grizzly and was impressed with how smooth shooting ( albeit slow) a bow the Grizz is.

I wasn’t sure what to make of the feather arrow rest at first but after a few shots I’m liking it.

Comment

I would skip the 400s and go straight to 340s.

Comment

Congrats on your new stick!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                      I would skip the 400s and go straight to 340s.
                      at my draw this bow is probably pulling around 52-53#'s

Would you still go 340's?

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                        at my draw this bow is probably pulling around 52-53#'s

Would you still go 340's?

Stick with the .400’s!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm running 340s. With my 50lb bow 175 grains up front. 55lb bow 150 grains.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                            Got to shoot a few arrows with it today. I’m using my 525 grain 500 spine arrows from my Grizzly and think I may need to use a 400 spine in this bow.

Anyway, this bow is snappy! Need to add some string silencers and a quiver but she shot good. Arrow speed is quite a bit faster than the Grizzly as well.

Not gonna hunt with it this season but after shooting it for a bit, I picked up the Grizzly and was impressed with how smooth shooting ( albeit slow) a bow the Grizz is.

I wasn’t sure what to make of the feather arrow rest at first but after a few shots I’m liking it.
                            Congratulations that is really a nice looking bow. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X