Boot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot question

I am thinking of buying some water proof/rubber/mud boots. I word it like that, because I am not sure what exists out there today. I have some old rubber boots, that other people call mud boots.

I have owned all of two pairs of rubber boots in my life time. Both pairs gave me more blisters, in the first hour of wearing them, than any other form of footwear I have worn in my whole life. Basically I hate rubber boots and will only wear them for short periods of time. I used to keep some in my truck to open the gate, when it would flood. I would put them on, get out of the truck open the gate, drive through, get back out lock the gate and take the boots back off. That's typically as long as I wear them. I have on multiple occasions needed rubber boots and committed to wearing some for multiple hours, then wound up with many blisters on top of blisters, and very sore aching feet afterwards. So, in the past, on multiple occasions. I have chosen to have wet feet, over having blisters and dry feet.

I have gone hunting in a couple areas, it would have been nice, if I could find some good water proof boots, rubber boots or whatever exists, that will keep my feet dry. When wading through upwards of 12" to 14" of water. Probably more like 6" deep most of the time. Then not cause blisters and are good comfortable boots. Maybe some insulation.

Any suggestions?

I wear rubber boots all of the time when it’s cold or muddy outside. I just bought a new pair of LaCrosse and they’re by far the best I’ve owned. They’re as comfortable as a pair of tennis shoes.

Comment

I know your pain. The ones I found that work for me are the Lacrosse Alphaburly. Go to a place that sells them and try them on. Kinda like cowboy boots, you need to try before you buy (preferably in the afternoon after your feet swell a little)

Comment

Lacrosse have worked, and fit, the best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Muck boots. I have a really narrow AAA sized 14.5 left foot which buying any boot to that size is nonexistent so I have to go up in size to 15s which are always built D or E widths…rarely B…which I still slop around in. I have to have more and better inserts than what provided by all shoe maunfacturers…New Balance 990s aside. Muck boots, Thick socks and yoursole.com is my route. Having the right inserts makes or breaks my userability and duration more than the exterior construction.

Virgin runs will illuminate the rub areas quickly. I carry duct tape in my truck and hunt pack for hasty bandaids and moleskin.

Comment

Mucks. I have two pair. One for cold weather and hunting and the other for chores. I wear the chore boots nearly every day. My feet have never gotten too cold in the hunting boots and both pair are very comfortable to walk any distance in and are easy to pull on and pull off. Expensive but well worth it.

Comment

Lacrosse Alphaburly's for me as well. I've had mine for 4 years now. I have non insulated for bow season and then the 800 gram thinsulate for when it gets "cold."

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Xtra- tuff for warm weather and lacrosse insulated for super cold.
                I bought the xtra tuffs while in Alaska a few years back and love them.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                  I wear rubber boots all of the time when it’s cold or muddy outside. I just bought a new pair of LaCrosse and they’re by far the best I’ve owned. They’re as comfortable as a pair of tennis shoes.
                  Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                  I know your pain. The ones I found that work for me are the Lacrosse Alphaburly. Go to a place that sells them and try them on. Kinda like cowboy boots, you need to try before you buy (preferably in the afternoon after your feet swell a little)
                  Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                  Lacrosse have worked, and fit, the best for me.

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                  Lacrosse Alphaburly's for me as well. I've had mine for 4 years now. I have non insulated for bow season and then the 800 gram thinsulate for when it gets "cold."

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Lacrosse alpha burly. Money well spent.

Comment

Boot question

Same here OP, i got the Academy Snake proof rubber boots, would be great if you had skinny feet, got blisters. Tried the MuckForager, way more flexible materials so no rubbing but very thin, would not provide protection from south tx scrub brush at all…but comfy and not hot.

Comment

Here is a pair of boots at Academy that on the surface you may think are cheap boots but they do two things very well. 1. They hold up well, and 2 they are very comfortable and lastly they are pretty cheap.

Magellan Outdoors Men's Field Boot III Waterproof Hunting Boots $52.49

I hunt and have horses and I wear these boots almost everyday cleaning stalls feed in the mud etc. I have bought them all, Muck for $189, Alpha Burly's, etc for over probably 20 years and I have had these last just as long if not longer. Don't ask me why who knows.

These are just as comforatble as the Alph Burlys bc I have pairs of them too.
                      Now Academy has several different types but I am talking about this specific pair of this model and sku number. Listen, if you go look after hunting season when they put all the hunting stuff on sale you can get them for $24 I kid you not. But Academy in my area of Houston (Richmond) seems to have gone to a different model of the Magellans so I had to look online and found them at the Katy store. I think they are $52 now.
                      Good luck, I won't pay $189 for Muck boots that don't last for me any longer than these $60 pair.

Good luck Ranchdog
                      Last edited by ranchdog; 12-12-2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                        That's a good idea, thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have been wanting some water proof boots, but my past experiences with rubber boots when I was young and then the last pair I bought, were not good. I see other guys wearing what look like rubber boots, regularly. So I get the impression that there are some good rubber boots or water proof boots, out there, but I have no idea which ones are good and which are basically the same as what I have worn in the past.

Comment

Muck boots are the way to go! very comfortable also.

Comment

If you buy the AlphaBurley’s buy a big tube of Shoe Goo. You’ll need it when they start to separate. They’re still waterproof but you’ll have to glue the sneaker shoe soles on. Got 2 pair. Like em because they are indeed very comfortable. Just wish they would hold up better.

Comment

Working...
                              X