Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a good start

Comment

It was a little too wobbly for my taste so I braced up all the top corners and bottom corners. Front to back inside to side. 5" braces cut at 45s

Comment

I put 2 oil catch pans from O'Reilly under each pen

Comment

Originally posted by ptlmg View Post
          I put 2 oil catch pans from O'Reilly under each pen
          I've got it laid out so that a 36 inch pan from advance Auto parts will slide in

Comment

Inspiring Bobby, inspiring!

If I ever get out of this place...!

Comment

I'm jealous. Quail pens on internet are high priced for a good one. Been wanting to raise quail for years. Good luck Chew.

Comment

Looking good, these are going to be nice, good luck.

Comment

Man this is great. In a year, you will have quail everywhere. I'll be ready to buy some from you too.

It's just amazing how they reproduce.

Comment

I used to raise em. Get a large saucer like you put house plants on to contain the water, and put sand in it they love it. I will see if I can find some pictures of mine hatching.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

tagged

Comment

Deliciouse, getting hungry

Comment

Doing a little work off and on today. Got the three levels braced up to support the waste trays.

Then building each of the 3 floors which will be 4" above poop tray supports. I should be able to undo a few screws couple times a year and pull the floors out and pressure wash them if needed. These are the three frames that will actually have the hardware cloth stapled down on top of them. And typical with a project of mine, I ran out of one x two lumber to finish my very last center brace.

Comment

Fine skills! Please keep us updated

Comment

Take 4 inch pvc , cap each end, drill some 1.5 inch holes off center towards the top with the pipe laying down. Then screw a piece of 2x4 to the caps so it won't roll. This will greatly reduce your waisted food. If you use the normal chicken feeders they will waive tons of food.

Like the top one, they will waive way less if they have to stick their head in. Iv raised 1000s in the past. Food gets expensive if they waist it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X