Yard Clippings….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yard Clippings….

Mowing the yard this evening got me thinking… What do all my fellow green screen neighborhood guys out there do with their yard clippings..? Are you a paid to have it mowed guy, or a do it your selfer?

For my do it yourself guys, do you sweep up the clippings and throw away? Do you bag while you mow with the mower?

Or are you like the other 99% of us who use that handy blower and push it down the sidewalk or drive way.. then blow it right into the street for all the street traffic to do as it pleases??

I’d like to hear what the consensus does with all the yard trash..!

I will go without meals to be able to pay my yard guy before I cut my grass again.

Comment

Not sure about where you live, but in my town there are city ordinances against blowing it into the street. I leave it where it lays because mowing is work enough and who even needs to get more tools out?

Comment

I leave it lay in the yard. I blow it off the road into my ditch because my neighbors ride motorcycles and I don’t want to cause an accident.

Comment

Mulch blades on the zero turn, if it bunches up I just run over it a few more times.

Comment

I bag it and trash it. Gotta time it right so it’s close to trash pick up day lol

Comment

I bag it and take it to the ranch and spread it around on the ground for a little nitrogen and mulch.

Comment

Cut it high and let it lay

Comment

Mulch it up. No clippings.

Comment

I just leave them. Never considered doing anything else with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mulch it enough to where there’s no real visible clippings. Blow everything else back in the yard. I made the mess I’ll clean it up.

Comment

DIY and when the leaves drop I shred and bag it and pile it up for compost. Rest of the year I just mow and go.

Comment

I just mow it and don’t worry about the clippings.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            I just leave them. Never considered doing anything else with them.

Yeah I don’t worry about it once it’s cut. I don’t let it get too tall. For the rare times it does, I’ll break out the sweeper and pick it up and take it to the deer lease.

Comment

stack it around garden wait for it to dry, toss it, then till it in during fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X