2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 shot fired from us and no birds

Thinking they feed all night and some moved south with the full moon.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      1 shot fired from us and no birds

Thinking they feed all night and some moved south with the full moon.

They left the country!

Comment

It’s not a duck but shot this dude in one of our wood duck holes we hunt. 10’7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s not a duck but shot this dude in one of our wood duck holes we hunt. 10’7

Are you on the Dayton or liberty side of the river?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
            Are you on the Dayton or liberty side of the river?

Believe I answered this question last year when you sent me a PM. If not I’d rather not get to specific and stick with between liberty and Dayton.

Comment

Believe I answered this question last year when you sent me a PM. If not I’d rather not get to specific and stick with between liberty and Dayton.

Understandable. It just looks identical to our place. I’m sure it all looks the same in those bottoms though. Happy hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                Understandable. It just looks identical to our place. I’m sure it all looks the same in those bottoms though. Happy hunting

Yes sir. I’m pretty sure we heard each other hunting a time or two last year though. We have just had multiple issues with trespassers and poachers the last few years I’d like to keep it some what vague.

Comment

Yes sir. I’m pretty sure we heard each other hunting a time or two last year though. We have just had multiple issues with trespassers and poachers the last few years I’d like to keep it some what vague.
                  Good God I’m not sure I could get mad enough at a duck to hunt around those things. Lol

I’m sure this is a stupid question but when is the alligator season? Obviously you wouldn’t post that if it wasn’t legal to shoot them now, but I was thinking the season was in like the spring or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Good God I’m not sure I could get mad enough at a duck to hunt around those things. Lol

I’m sure this is a stupid question but when is the alligator season? Obviously you wouldn’t post that if it wasn’t legal to shoot them now, but I was thinking the season was in like the spring or something.
                    Depends if it’s in a core county or non core county.

Core county’s season opened the 10th and runs through this coming Sunday I think and you can essentially only hunt them one way with lines
                    Non-core county’s season is in the spring with numerous ways for “method of take”

Comment

Depends if it’s in a core county or non core county.

Core county’s season opened the 10th and runs through this coming Sunday I think and you can essentially only hunt them one way with lines
                      Non-core county’s season is in the spring with numerous ways for “method of take”
                      Gotcha. Well I’m glad you got that one out of your duck hole. Those Trinity River bottoms give me the hee-bee-jeebies for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        Gotcha. Well I’m glad you got that one out of your duck hole. Those Trinity River bottoms give me the hee-bee-jeebies for this reason.
                        Yes sir!

Unfortunately There’s been a many of 10+ footers out of the hole so just trying the chip away lol

As long as it’s cold you are good with the dogs it seems. However if it’s over 60 then the dogs stay home and I take a kayak to get the ducks

Comment

Had limits last weekend in short order. Birds seemed to be everywhere.

Had a 4 man this Saturday morning by 7:40 and 17 this morning. Today the birds were just not interested in us and landing past us in a field full of fresh growth (some kind of grass). They also seemed mojo shy and our small mechanized division seemed to do more harm than good.

Comment

Great lizard 150. Even better to get it out of a duck hole.

Lots of other good shoots posted

Comment

Two man of rockets yesterday morning! Even had a couple green wings.

Comment

Reminder for those willing, please keep your 3” and 3.5” hulls. I’d like to try reloading for next year, maybe this year if I get enough before mid December as I usually only chase them late in year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X