12 Year Old's Buck- Help Score and Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 Year Old's Buck- Help Score and Age

My 12 year old son killed this buck this past weekend in Cherokee County. We carried the horns to the taxidermist on Monday afternoon and the taxi stated that he does not score. I was not too concerned about the score of the deer by now my son would like to know and also has my curiosity. One main beam is longer than the other as can be seen in the pictures. He is a 9 Point with a 16" spread. I think he would be scored non-typical????? Take a look at the deer and tell what you think he will score and age at. Thanks for you help.
    Attached Files

Thats a spectacular deer no matter the age or score. I love the non-typicals and hope to shoot one like him some day!

Comment

I can't help you with the score or age but WOW! That's a great buck. Congrats big time.

Comment

That deer is a stud, i see 140's all day long personally

Comment

That deer is very impressive.

Comment

That is a great buck, score don't mean a thing but my guess is right around 135

Comment

Great deer. What the taxi is talking about is "net" score, which being a typical on his left side and a sort of freak, non typical on his right side he will not score very well, but if you want a gross score he would probably push 125" to 130". Great deer and I would been dang proud to have a shot at a buck like that. Congrats to your son.

Comment

Awesome deer regardless of score as for age I see a mature buck

Comment

Congrats to the young man! Very nice buck!

Comment

He is definitely around 140 gross. Could be more depending on how that G2 is scored. MONSTER buck.

Comment

Should push 140" and a stud!!

Comment

Don't worry about typ/non-typ/net and all that other stuff. He's a 140" deer all day long.

Comment

Congrats to your son !

Comment

Huge buck, congrats to him. I have him in the low 140s. Hard to age from those pics, but looks mature to me. Big body, square head, etc. Minimum 4.5.

Comment

Definitely a big mature buck. Congrats to you and you son!!

Comment

Working...
                              X