Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you still needs some wrk

Comment

Great job jerm! U ever find that knife bench grinder?

Comment

Not yet hoping bama will let his go soon

Comment

Since you got a new etcher you could pass forward the old one to me ill even pay the

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
          I've been getting alot of emails and pm's about some knife making questions. Thought I'd throw up some more stuff and new pictures.
          Several asked about the etcher, here are the plans to make it.

I no longer use the etcher and now use this sucker. Kuhlman G/2 pantograph all 950 lbs of it, just to write my name

Here's some damascus my brother in law and my self made.

The top piece here is the twisted piece shown in the vice up above.

They're not etched fully yet, just lightly so that I can see the pattern and get ready to start making knives out of em.

And finally after getting moved to Midland I got the shop set up and just got started on orders again.
          The 10 small bird and trout knives that are unground on the right side of the picture are part of a 30 knife order. They will have the a small caping knife, a skinning knife, and a hatchetish type knife all in a pouch piggy back sheath.

Since you got the new etcher you you could pass forward your old one ill even pay the shipping

Comment

wow very cool

Comment

Grinder

Originally posted by Bama View Post
              Hey Jermdog I'm thinking of buying a new grinder I might have one for sale soon.
              Made that purchase yet?

Comment

Here's one I asked Ryan (doublearrow) to make for me a couple of years ago!

Comment

Very nice

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                  Here's one I asked Ryan (doublearrow) to make for me a couple of years ago!

Nice as usual

Comment

very cool knifes

Comment

Gearing up to make a few lockbacks and a traditonal slip joint trapper. The trapper will have a ruby bearing system invented by a friend. I will be doing a build along for it. But in the mean time here are some orders from way back ive gotten done. All the same hunting knife in my favorite steel cpm-154.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A little before and after acid
                        Attached Files

Comment

Man that is sweet!!!!awesome!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                            Man that is sweet!!!!awesome!!!!
                            Thanks. Heres a cell phone picture of the almost finished knife. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381542682734.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	24253757
                            Heres a shot of the drop point version in progress, same damascus. Profiled, heat treated, ground, rough polished and getting bolsters. Last picture shows tapered tang
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have a bunch of california buckeye burl that hasn't been stabilized yet. Have wanted to have some of it dyed. If you are interested in taking in some outside jobs, PM me with price. Love your work. I wondered if you were using a KMG. I want one badly. Someday...

Comment

Have you ever heard of Johnny Stout? He does knife making classes. http://stoutknives.com/body.php?BODY...making_classes
                                Have you ever considered doing the same? You seem to have a heart for teaching and helping others to learn the craft. Which is really cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X