No announcement yet.

Painting your Krivomans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tape off the windows. Give your nieces and nephews different color spray paint cans and turn em loose!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      You know the deer still know it’s there with or without paint right? Lol.

If someone sets a box in your dining room but paints it like your dining room wall, you’re still gonna go eat

Tell us you didn’t read my OP without telling us you didn’t read my OP … **** Ho-dessans…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        Tape off the windows. Give your nieces and nephews different color spray paint cans and turn em loose!

Not painting the blind. Just the outside around the windows. [emoji41]. May the Ho-dessan above you will see this too .[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Krylon Fusion spray paint. Painted my 4 wheeler with it 3 years ago and holding up good. Made to bond with plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I attached solar screen to the inside of the blind and made the opening smaller.

Also took painters tape and blocked out a section of the window and painted a haze over the rest with flat black paint. The paint sort of tinted the window and now there is no glare but still a peep hole in the window

All I have is a pic with the window open from the inside. If I think about it I'll take one from the outside today

My ground blinds only have 3 windows in them so that may help also
            Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’ve closed down my windows like you suggested with 1x4s on my wooden blinds when I decided they were letting in too much light. Mine was at the top though because that sun was glaring off my face.[emoji23]. Worked like a champ either way.

I contemplated painting the glass on the left and right “peep” windows like you suggested and the original owner did but haven’t decided yet. I’m going to be 5-6’ high on a platform and he was on the ground or just off it. Are you off the ground in yours QB? Three windows here as well
            Last edited by Smart; 01-16-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              Krylon Fusion spray paint. Painted my 4 wheeler with it 3 years ago and holding up good. Made to bond with plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m starting to see a pattern here. [emoji41]. Fusion sounds like good stuff to n plastic. And sounds like most folks are using spray paint.
              Last edited by Smart; 01-16-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I'd think a little sanding with some 400 grit and slap some black equipment paint TSC sells on it

Missed this earlier. I agree with sanding. I’ll look into that equipment paint. Assuming it’s oil based.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I’ve closed down my windows like you suggested with 1x4s on my wooden blinds when I decided they were letting in too much light. Mine was at the top though because that sun was glaring off my face.[emoji23]. Worked like a champ either way.

I contemplated painting the glass on the left and right “peep” windows like you suggested and the original owner did but haven’t decided yet. I’m going to be 5-6’ high on a platform and he was on the ground or just off it. Are you off the ground in yours QB? Three windows here as well
                  Both are on the ground. However, the one pictured is on a hill and about 3 feet higher than the feeder.

Feeder is down in a bottom. Rifle blind is on top of the hill and probably 50' higher than feeder

Yes, oil based. If you go that route buy throw away brushes!! That stuff is a pia to clean up even with gas

Comment

Just put black flex seal on the window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Regular black screen. I just want the glare off but want to see through it. The solar stuff is a little to hard to see through in low light.

I cut the screen to the width of the glass. Put a dollop of black silicone in each corner of the glass and push the screen corners onto it. Add some more silicone on the outside of the same dollops so that it dries holding it all place. I’ll see if I can find a pic of my pig blind windows. I want to open the window and the screen comes with it.

The camo netting you can buy works well for this too, I cut squares of it and open the window, wrap the netting around the window and then shut the window, tuck the netting around it so it stays and the clips that closet the window hold it in place.

You’re still able to see through it but does everything you said, same consent as the window screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Krivomans are 6’ off the ground and I don’t worry about anything. Even with deer right in front of me.

My Ozonics is up tight in the roof of the blind. I can open all of the windows, open and shut them at will. Makes zero difference. I have the 4 window configuration and don’t black out anything.

6’ is so much different than being on the ground.

Comment

Regarding your original question, I would use the Krylon Fusion if I was going to paint on the blind though.

Comment

Pic from ground level. There is still some glare. I normally open a window just before good light. I'll have deer within 10 feet of the blind walking down the road

Comment

Thank y'all for all the information....appreciate it fellas.

Comment

Pic from ground level. There is still some glare. I normally open a window just before good light. I'll have deer within 10 feet of the blind walking down the road

Good lookin set up

Comment

Working...
                                X