No announcement yet.

Company not following union contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not know what I was clicking on, my head was spinning after the OP.

Now with all of the developments I hope the OP comes back and gives us closure.

I always enjoy reading these union threads. Genuinely fascinates me as I am not a part of that world.

Hope the OP gets that dream forklift driving gig! Good luck out there bud.

PS- we are in a major teacher shortage and could use some more English faculty in TX.

Comment

I'm glad I finally clicked on this thread. I will go into the weekend with a smile on my face. Green screen rarely disappoints.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Two? I only see one, and it’s not even at the end of the diatribe. How does one arbitrarily place one period after one sentence but not the other 15 or so sentences? Why just that one sentence???
        I wasn't going to say anything, but since you guys did...

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
          I wasn't going to say anything, but since you guys did...
          Yeah, my feeble old eyes just couldn’t focus , but then…the second period was a mistake/typo. One does not end a sentence with the word,”the.”

Comment

Proud union member Local 551, can’t reap the benefits without paying dues just not right for us union members who do, 18 years and can’t drive to the hall and register? It’s a one time deal everything else can be done online from due fees to trainings.

Comment

As stated before, can’t complain if not paying dues. There’s names for people like you…….I hope the job went to a dues paying union member!
              Waiting on an application for 18 years….hahaha! How old are you? C’mon man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unions are more about the shop steward or the people at the top of the Union, rather than they are about the working guy. F****** them. Back in the day they were certainly useful, but they are nothing more than a way for political hacks to line their pockets, nowadays.

Comment

So you are wanting union representation and reap the benefits, but you haven’t joined and do not pay dues….. LOL

Some people never cease to amaze me…
                  Last edited by BBRU; 01-14-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Many years ago a union working in Cameron Iron Works (maybe pipe fitters?) in Houston had a large sign outside their facility on the Katy Frwy. It stated very plainly that there was one worker in the plant that enjoyed all the benefits of the union, but was not a member, and was basically persona non grata.

OP, i think you'll fill the same bill with the union in your shop. Good luck with all that.

A ghost writer would do you a world of good.

Comment

I see 2 periods..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                        I see 2 periods..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                        I do too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                          Unions are more about the shop steward or the people at the top of the Union, rather than they are about the working guy. F****** them. Back in the day they were certainly useful, but they are nothing more than a way for political hacks to line their pockets, nowadays.
                          Old jgard has him a new found friend. Y'all should break bread together and do a little union bashing.

Comment

Can’t believe no one has called you a scab yet... crazy. They should follow protocol but you said they would then a week later hired this guy? Maybe it’s like when you went to apply for the Union they thought they sent you the application but you missed it. So now take care both of our money

Comment

I'll take a stab at it here. The guy that got the job is most likely a paying member and the union is probably well aware of the situation. I would still imagine they would want the company to follow the contract so it doesn't set a precedence for the future. But don't be a Free rider and then complain about the side effects of being one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                                I'll take a stab at it here. The guy that got the job is most likely a paying member and the union is probably well aware of the situation. I would still imagine they would want the company to follow the contract so it doesn't set a precedence for the future. But don't be a Free rider and then complain about the side effects of being one.
                                The guy that got the job is a new hire. You can only join our union once you are off probation. I would think that the union would want to do something not for me but for the fact that the company did not follow the contract. I understand that the outcome will stay the same. I understand that unions are good and some are bad and we have a bad one. I’m not totally against unions.

Comment

Working...
                                X