• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All curtesy of Joeflation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
      Here we are 2022... lots of people I know put off building their custom homes bc they wanted to wait for prices to drop...
      What have you personally seen in your area?
      Austin is still higher than norm... I'm seeing 300 and up for mid to high end per sf

Pools are 150k and up
      What builder is still providing $300/ft? Please PM if you’d like. I mainly focus on resales, but I’ve seen $400/ft min. plus lot premiums for a new build in Austin.

Comment

Definitely crazy prices. Some of us older remember when statements were made “that vehicle is more than I paid for my first house.” We bought our first house in 83’ for 70k and now it has arrived for our generation. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          So true. In-laws bought a house in Old Sugar Land in 1967 for 15k with a lot of .75 acres. Last November was offers 750k cash for the house and lot.

We also have some friends that just sold 450 acres in fort bend for $4.50 a square foot. These prices are going crazy.
          88 million for 450 acres? That’s hard to believe

Comment

The sad part is. If anyone who builds waits for prices to come down...the clock ticks and we get older and nothing gets built. You cannot buy that time back that you have spent waiting no matter how much money you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              The sad part is. If anyone who builds waits for prices to come down...the clock ticks and we get older and nothing gets built. You cannot buy that time back that you have spent waiting no matter how much money you have.
              yep. my cousin and i were talking about this the other day and he said it boils down to "do what makes you happy" because trying to time the market is impossible and could take years.

Comment

Around $200-$250/sqft depending on the lot price, size, and finishes inside.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                  Around $200-$250/sqft depending on the lot price, size, and finishes inside.
                  Certainly there is a bigger swing than $50 a foot if you are including a variable such a lot price? I believe the inquiry is simply about building costs per foot'. Nowhere in the Austin are will you find anything that could be even mistaken for a custom build for 200-250. Is this in Tom Green, Co?

Comment

Neighbor down the street in Prosper just listed at $317/sf on an undersized corner lot with a pool. I have another 1400sf on them and lot is at least 2x larger. I’ve never wanted to sell my home so badly. Some of you custom builders still talking about 140-160/sf have me very intrigued. We took an increase this month in preparation for rising lumber and expect another in February.

Comment

another excellent point

whats your time worth to you to save thousands if you wont be around to enjoy it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                        Neighbor down the street in Prosper just listed at $317/sf on an undersized corner lot with a pool. I have another 1400sf on them and lot is at least 2x larger. I’ve never wanted to sell my home so badly. Some of you custom builders still talking about 140-160/sf have me very intrigued. We took an increase this month in preparation for rising lumber and expect another in February.
                        thats bc I am fairly certain these "custom builders" are still throwing in spec style cabinets and cheapie interior add-ons.

When I say custom I mean all the stuff you think of when a dream home is built including the large hand made cabinets and luxury tub etc etc. I have a laundry list of stuff I did on my custom home and to do it todays price would cost roughly just over a million just for the build/no lot

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                          I may be getting in touch with you in several months . Do you happen to do barndo's?
                          We don't do barndo's. Have a hard time finding a metal building contractor that is very dependable and metal prices have been just as volatile if not more than lumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                            There are no custom builders in the price range cited for what most consider "custom". If custom only means the builder is willing to build off of your plans, well perhaps this price point is realistic. Custom houses in my world have level 4 or 5 sheetrock finish, custom cabinets and finish throughout. Orange peel or knock down trowel work is not custom other than stating it is custom because that it what plans called for.

Comment

This is our issue with a pool. We pushed it from 2020 to 2021 and the price went up about 30%. Told the wife no way. But my daughter is only here two more years, son just learned to swim, and I don't see prices going down any time soon if ever.

Comment

My friend that is a builder suggested I wait, but I view time and money differently. I'm hoping my home's selling price will equal out the high build cost. He told me two custom homes he built/sold for $650k three years ago, were just sold by the owners for $950k!!

Comment

Working...
                                X