Boone and Crockett Fair Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too low

The Bc and py minuiums need to be raised and any deer that has been feed supplemental feeding should be disqualified. I m o.

Comment

Their book their rules real simple

Comment

Boone and Crockett Fair Chase

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
        These organizations are fighting for y’all’s right to hunt. They are fighting for national lands for us to hunt. They are funding studies and working with state and national wildlife to conserve lands and animals for us to hunt. They are funding scholarships to educate students that will continue the fight for our hunting rights. I could continue but I hope you get my points.
        These record books and measuring systems and minimums were started to record history of our national big game animals because some were nearing extinction numbers and to see if federal laws that were passed were working. Data collected with the score forms and entry papers are used to set limits and season lengths. Thank Teddy Roosevelt and a few of his friends for starting these clubs and their record books and saving our North American big game.
        Spend some time and study the history of the Boone and Crockett club and it’s sister club for archery hunters the Pope and Young Club. All hunters should support these organizations.
        Let the games begin……………

Right on….sadly most guys behind a bow or gun these days are more killer than hunter. There has been such a departure from history across the board that even folks that say they stand for something don’t; and if they do don’t know the history behind what drives the very thing they claim to love and protect. Your heritage, Our heritage as hunters and more importantly stewards of the land, it’s resources and bounty is rooted in that history. Unfortunately is it’s easy being jaded, especially if your younger. There is a whole generation of hunters today that think seeing quality deer in East Texas is common, go back 50 years that wasn’t the case. Organizations like B&C and P&Y collected important data in those times that that were crucial to repopulation efforts and many a success story. Most folks (myself included) ride on the coat tails of that work that was pioneered many years ago. They will continue to provide management, guidance, support and knowledge to the hunting community long after all of us are dead and buried feeding the worms, believe me that was/is/will be the case.

So hey you don’t want a book animal….good for you, to each is own. Don’t want to play by their rules….hey good for you, I respect your opinion. Think their rules are stupid……hey good for you, I get that too. Wanna act like it’s a bunch of BS and has no merit, then you clearly lack a certain perspective which I hope the detractors of such someday find.

[emoji1662]
        Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 01-10-2022, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X