What am i looking for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
    Whatcha shooting? And any data you care to share. Leaning towards the grendel as of now

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

In factory ammo I use the Hornady Black 123 ELDM. I get under 2500fps in a 20” barrel.

I am working on a 97 grain Absolute Hammer load that is currently sitting at 2960fps.

The Grendel will serve you well, just not ideal with heavier bullets due to low velocity and retaining reliable expansion.

I also have some 100 & 125 grain Nosler Partition loads as well as 120 grain Gold Dot loads that I am working on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna buy a braced lower for the 300bk and use my sbr lower fir the grendel...

Comment

What am i looking for?

Looks like I'm gonna buy a braced lower for the 300bk and use my sbr lower fir the grendel...

Just SBR them both. [emoji16]

Screw Braces [emoji6]

Comment

Kinda narrowed it down to 6.8 spc or the 6.5 grendel. Would like a shorter barrel so gonna look up data on them both.

Comment

What am i looking for?

Kinda narrowed it down to 6.8 spc or the 6.5 grendel. Would like a shorter barrel so gonna look up data on them both.

You’re not gonna find a lot of difference between them.

The difference is going to be better ammo availability for the Grendel since it was adopted by SAAMI a few years back. The shiney/new wore off the 6.8 a few years ago and it’s more difficult to find ammo for it.

I’ve had both and at practical hunting distances there just isn’t enough difference in performance to talk about. I’m very heavily invested in 6.5 reloading components so I sold the 6.8 and kept the Grendel(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              You’re not gonna find a lot of difference between them.

The difference is going to be better ammo availability for the Grendel since it was adopted by SAAMI a few years back. The shiney/new wore off the 6.8 a few years ago and it’s more difficult to find ammo for it.

I’ve had both and at practical hunting distances there just isn’t enough difference in performance to talk about. I’m very heavily invested in 6.5 reloading components so I sold the 6.8 and kept the Grendel(s).

Kinda what I saw in my research. But you solidified my decision.

Guess I'll look for ammo before I get gun parts

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two PSA 12” stainless 6.5 uppers. They shoot moa or better with black 123 Eld or 120 grain Fusion. Both are SBRs suppressed. I don’t have any 6.8 SPC’s to compare to.
                Last edited by Dejashoot; 01-06-2022, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                  I have two PSA 12” stainless 6.5 uppers. They shoot moa or better with black 123 Eld or 120 grain Fusion. Both are SBRs suppressed. I don’t have any 6.8 SPC’s to compare to.
                  This is what I'm looking to buy. They are relatively inexpensive and if they shoot good I'm game.

Looking at reloading data and recipes. These may just get me out of the blackout business

Comment

Ok, now thinking of a 300 hamr again. I like how there are so many 30 cal options for reloading.

Need to look up how much I'd gain vs 300blk.

Comment

Ok, now thinking of a 300 hamr again. I like how there are so many 30 cal options for reloading.

Need to look up how much I'd gain vs 300blk.

Don’t buy into Wilson’s hype. There won’t be enough difference to justify an odd ball caliber with only one source for brass.

Comment

I ended up buying a 300hamr barrel (11.3).

Chrono data coming soon.

Comment

I’m in the middle of the same dilemma, but everything I’ve shot at supersonic with the 300blk has been dead right there. I like everything about the 6.5G but ammo availability is pretty rough.

I keep going back and forth between a 12” Grendel or a PA-10 or a River SFAR.

Comment

Worst case make your own brass on the hamr I do. 223 Lmc brass for 40 bucks a 250 cut and resize. First round is typically a cheap bullet 125 tnt 110 hornady sp etc 2nd and beyond 110 vmax or 130 hhc

Comment

I have a 12.5 grendel with a satern barrel and have killed a pile of pigs with it !

Comment

300bo with Maker trex bullets.

Comment

Working...
                                X