Best pork breakfast sausage seasonings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best pork breakfast sausage seasonings?

I make all of my own summer sausage and snack sticks out of my deer. Typically I buy all my seasoning/casings once a year online from Waltons in Kansas. Was wanting to try my hand at some homemade breakfast sausage. Seems you can’t find any decent breakfast sausage at any of the local stores. I do like the taste of sage….and a little heat never hurt anything. Will be using wild pork mixed with some pork butts. What are some of the better mixes you can order online? I have heard REO mentioned a lot. TIA for any input!

I have used this before and it's ok. Zachs brand.
    I get it the local grocery store. I don't recall it costing 20 plus bucks though.

Comment

These guys have good selection. And look like half price of above.
      Allied Kenco Sales ia a butcher supply house specializing in sausage making and jerky making supplies and equipment. Our knowledge of seasoning, ingredients and sausage making techniques is extensive

Comment

Brookshire brothers has a mix that is very good. I add a¼cup of each to it. Crushed red pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper and sage. Thank me later

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Reo Spice & Seasoning
          Huntsville Texas 77320
          936-294-0222

Give these folks a shout. They’ll hook you up.
          Add sage and red pepper flakes to your liking.
          Attached Files

Comment

REO seasonings #8 breakfast sausage seasoning has been our favorite. The #4 has more sage if that’s your thing.

Comment

I get this off Amazon. They have may different seasonings.

A.C. Legg INC Hot Pork Sausage Seasoning https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006580TKW..._ViZ2pJ9xWyNbO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                REO seasonings #8 breakfast sausage seasoning has been our favorite. The #4 has more sage if that’s your thing.
                This right here! #3 doesn’t have as much pepper if you like that too

Comment

And if you like chorizo, the Reo chorizo spice is totally legit.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Blake was making a sausage seasoning now.

Comment

Funny, I've tried about a dozen different breakfast sausages, and I keep going back to Jimmy dean. If you find a good one, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          I thought I read somewhere that Blake was making a sausage seasoning now.
                          He is. Had to PM him about it. Haven’t made any yet, but will after the kids finish hunting !

Comment

Legg # 10 is pretty close to Jimmy Dean ..

Comment

Been happy with Legg's and Zach's...but always add more red pepper and increase the overall recipe by about 10-15% more seasoning that the package calls for.

Comment

Working...
                              X