No announcement yet.

Hunting Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merino wool, merino wool, merino wool. Didn’t believe in it until I bought some. Moisture control (getting it away/off the body) is the biggest key to warmth.

Comment

I wear whatever I have then put these on when I sit in my blind. For added warmth you can add a hand warmer in the bootie.

ArcticShield Men's Boot Insulator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H5RJ9QG...5XCNT58RFE4J3D

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorel pac boots with felt liners or 1/2 sizer bigger Irish setters with woolen alpaca socks

Comment

Heck I’ll try them all..wonder what folks did back in the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Randell View Post
            Heck I’ll try them all..wonder what folks did back in the old days.
            I'm from the old days. We had cold feet!!

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
              Sorel pac boots with felt liners or 1/2 sizer bigger Irish setters with woolen alpaca socks
              This

Comment

Don't hunt on day's like today.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                  I had two pair of mucks in 5 years and the sole on both came apart. Granted I live rural now and wear them more than just the hunting season but for the price of these they should last longer imo.
                  I’ve never had a pair at any price that I get more than 6 months out of as my daily boot. My designated hunting boots I get a few years out of.

I use to only wear lacrosse but they went to garbage a few years ago. I didn’t like muck, but have since figured them out and prefer that style. Also like bogs and dry shod

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                    I had two pair of mucks in 5 years and the sole on both came apart. Granted I live rural now and wear them more than just the hunting season but for the price of these they should last longer imo.
                    Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    I’ve never had a pair at any price that I get more than 6 months out of as my daily boot. My designated hunting boots I get a few years out of.

I use to only wear lacrosse but they went to garbage a few years ago. I didn’t like muck, but have since figured them out and prefer that style. Also like bogs and dry shod
                    I guess they made them better back when I bought mine. Got mine in “08” and wear them almost every time I go hunting and wear them as chore boots around the home place any time it rains and they are just this year starting to wear out.
                    What a shame their quality may have gone downhill. I may need to look elsewhere for their replacement.

Comment

I found that loose fitting tennis shoes with wool socks keep my feet warmer then throw blanket around my legs and feet.

Comment

Dp.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                          I wear whatever I have then put these on when I sit in my blind. For added warmth you can add a hand warmer in the bootie.

ArcticShield Men's Boot Insulator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H5RJ9QG...5XCNT58RFE4J3D

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          I was thankful to have these yesterday.

Comment

Irish Setter Elk Tracker, Merino wool socks, toe warmers.

Comment

Any boots that aren’t too tight and merino socks. The biggest problem is boots too tight

Comment

Don't wear rubber boots that don't breathe. Wear a waterproof and breathable boot (Gore-tex). You don't need insulation unless you're in REALLY cold temps just sitting (like single digits or below). Make sure the boots fit right and aren't too tight. You don't want to cut off your circulation. Wear merino wool socks - they are warm and wick moisture away from your skin. The Gore-tex lets it out of the boot. You don't want sweaty, wet feet in the cold. One other thing about boots....don't wear steel toe boots in the cold. Steel gets COLD.

Then wear merino wook base layers top and bottom. Wear good warm layers. Don't wear anything that is too tight and cuts off circulation. Keep your neck and head covered and warm. All of that helps retain body heat, which keeps your blood flow to your extremities warm. Your hands and feet will stay warm if you retain body heat, avoid moisture, and don't restrict circulation.

Comment

Working...
                                X