Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice congrats!

Comment

Glad to see yall got some good deer. This was far and away the worst year for mature bucks at our place in the decade we've been hunting it. To top it off, it was the worst dove numbers we've seen as well. just brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
        Ended the season on a very good note. Killed this buck 12-29-21 off my Christoval lease grounds. Wished I could have gotten him killed before he got so run down. Added a picture of him from November for reference.

Once I added 3 additional does it was time to get back and start processing.

Hope all had a great Holiday season.

God Bless.

Rwc
        Very nice buck! Well done….Congrats again Richard on all the kills. You and your family have had an extremely blessed year.

Man, you have stacked up some critters with that new Mathews.

Comment

We had a pretty good year. Right before Christmas I took out a bobcat. Right after Christmas wife shot a doe, which was her first deer since kids were born. I believe her last deer was when she was pregnant with the boy. So I was happy to see her get back into it. The boy didn't get the big 8 but another friends grandson took the big 8 for kids first buck. So glad to see a kiddo get him. Shot my 3rd doe new years eve, left out the year with a bang, and well... lost her mind.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, Fulmer on the kills…

Comment

Appreciate it Bone Thug and congrats Fulmer.

Hope each have a great 2022.

Rwc

Comment

Congrats everyone! On to this year!

Comment

Thanks guys, I will echo others, in that it was a strange year on deer activity. We are probably more fortunate than most on time spent in the woods. Kudos to those that were able to find the mature targets, and get it done. Always glad to see others success.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a slow go for overall deer numbers for us but we have killed some great deer. December has been a different story, lots of new deer have shown up this month I have never seen. It’s super dry now and they are really battling over feed.

Comment

14 pages worth of solid deer being taken and some really cool stories from this years hunts. Congrats to all that filled the freezers. Hope we get some timely rains this off season and 2022 is as good or better than 2021.

Comment

Weird season for us. Only bucks killed were a few no brow tine culls. Never saw more than a couple mature bucks until after Christmas and still nothing to get excited about. Warm weather all season. Took more does and hopefully our ratio is getting better as we did see more aggressive buck behavior this year. Hopefully some off season feeding and habitat management will bring better results next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          Ended the season on a very good note. Killed this buck 12-29-21 off my Christoval lease grounds. Wished I could have gotten him killed before he got so run down. Added a picture of him from November for reference.

Once I added 3 additional does it was time to get back and start processing.

Hope all had a great Holiday season.

God Bless.

Rwc
                          Really nice buck RWC, congrats! You had successful season for sure.

Comment

Ended the season with a bang!

I gave my younger cousin one of my bucks this year for all his work helping at the lease the last few years. I didn’t have a trophy to chase this season, so I figured it would be the perfect year for it. When this mature 8 with a muley fork came out, I figured he would be the perfect buck! He was bigger than I anticipated!

Comment

Nice, I bet he really appreciate it also. Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                                Ended the season with a bang!

I gave my younger cousin one of my bucks this year for all his work helping at the lease the last few years. I didn’t have a trophy to chase this season, so I figured it would be the perfect year for it. When this mature 8 with a muley fork came out, I figured he would be the perfect buck! He was bigger than I anticipated!

Some great mass that buck has. That’s good on you for giving him your buck like that in return for work.

Comment

Working...
                                X